Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Barnes, McGlone and the Maltese Falcon riding location
  • deepo
    Free Member

As a Highland ‘loon’ and regular visitor to the Laggan Trails, i’m now keen seek out the route that Barnes and McGlone (and their new shoes) roding in the STW friday vid. I reckon its north east of the old red route, perhaps over/round Carn a’ Bhadain and towards Creag Chrocan, maybe linkin back to the fire road that eventually runs past the board walk.

Can anyone help or confirm this?

druidh
    Free Member

The bit at 0:38 – Isn’t that looking across to Glen Markie and the “loch” on the River Spey? In which case they would be descending off Dun Da Lamh.

deepo
    Free Member

Druidh, you know i paused at 36-38 seconds and thought the same thing, that it was the loch up stream of spey dam but i could decide how far away from it they were and if they were on Dun Da Lamh or the wolftrax side of the road at Creag Chrocan. Have you ridden Dun Da Lamh?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member

Nope, just been looking at it on a map. I reckon DDL would be in the way if they were further back (above Wolftrax). Definitely looks like the Spey though – the two wee islands just look “right” as do the shape/positions of the forests on the Glen Markie side.

Oh – I’m using Anquet in 3D mode to get the perspective right.

deepo
    Free Member

Is it sad that i’m on anquet too!

deepo
    Free Member

Look down the valley from Creag Chrocan on the wolftrax side, looks pretty close and ddl is sat to the left and not obscuring the view of the loch.

swavis

It’s on the hill opposite the main trails, Black wood.

deepo
    Free Member

yeah, i’m with you both. After donning my annorak and studying a split screen of the vid paused at 38 seconds and anquet maps on 3D, it starts off the crags to the north of Dun Da Lamh. I can almost get the exact view on anquet!

Stu661
    Free Member

It’s in Black Wood, follow the green route out of the carpark turn left through a gate and over the main road, follow the signs for the hill fort up the fireroad then onto a steep singletrack climb turn right at the T and you will see the trail off to the right a few hundred meters up.

You could follow it right to the top and ride down from there but I have allways gone from the track.

deepo
    Free Member

Thanks Stu 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Barnes, McGlone and the Maltese Falcon riding location’ is closed to new replies.