Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Barn Conversion – best free software to create some outline drawings + internals
  • Mintyjim

Very tentatively looking at buying a plot with a barn on my mates farm.

Completely new to this so will start with the pre-application advice process on offer by the local council, before anything else is discussed.

Therefore I would like to create some drawings to represent what we’d like to do. Incidentally the barn is virtually gone through neglect but we’d like to build something very simple, sympathetic and easy!

Any advice appreciated.

matt_outandabout

Sketchup.

Furious

+1 Sketchup

dmorts

+2 Sketchup…….. or graph paper, ruler and a pencil if it really is simple. I have seen scans of hand drawings in planning applications recently

Torminalis
    Free Member

I want to build one of these…

Lovely.

+1 Sketchup, easy, powerful, free.

Mintyjim

top stuff, thanks, I’ll take a look.

I hate the idea of paying someone to do something I could do!

Stoner
    Free Member

I did just this.

I used sketchup initially for some floor plans etc, but frankly it was a pain in the arse.

I ended up doing most of my designs/schematics etc in powerpoint. mainly because thanks to corporate life I could use it very quickly to do what I wanted and to scale. I found drawing and navigating in PPT so much faster.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sketchup if you want it done simply.

Solidworks if you want it done properly (student versions available).

If you have no prior experience and no desire to go any further then Sketchup would be my choice.

Torminalis
    Free Member

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

yeah, and look where he is now eh eh? 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Barn Conversion – best free software to create some outline drawings + internals’ is closed to new replies.