Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bargaintastic wine at Co-Op
  • frankconway

Popped in earlier to get some white to go with squid.
    Torres Vinã Sol – yep, that’ll go well; shelf edge ticket £7.49; at till £3.75; are you sure? Yes; OK, I’ll have a case!
    Hic…….

chewkw
    Free Member

… are you sure? Yes; OK, I’ll have a case!

Good call … 😆

andy4d

I like your style.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vinegar with squid?

Yeah, why not.

😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Torres Vinã Sol – yep, that’ll go well; shelf edge ticket £7.49; at till £3.75; are you sure? Yes; OK, I’ll have a case!

Great stuff, but twizzles my fizzle when the hopeless twonks can’t sync with stuff like appropriate POS (unless the buyers/admin made a huge blunder, in which case, fill yer boots until the F+ckwits realise their error, I suspect this to be the case until the buyers return to work on Monday to a plethora of emails informing them of said blunder).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Vinegar with squid?

I had some ‘proper’ beaujolais nouveau a fair few years back, at a mates house who was a continental trucker & did the usual beaujolais nouveau runs from France. Picking up at various vineyards & delivering to vintners from Southampton to Inverness. Apparently selling for £20+ a bottle (in 1985 ish)

It was shite. Tasted like Sarsons malt! Could quite easily have put it on my chips. Much prefer the £4.25 crap from Morrisons. At least I can drink that without going 😡

frankconway

@CF; cook squid, throw away, drink wine? I wouldn’t use it as vinegar to sprinkle it on Harry Ramsden’s finest but – what do I know? 😉
    All of you sophisticates at paperclip central know what is happening in the gustatory world; I bow to your superior knowledge and culinary insights…… 😆

@B.A; agree, I’m the honest punter who says ‘….are you sure?’; computer says…..; do you want to re-check that? No; computer says…..OK; how much stock do you have? My pantechnicon will be along shortly……. 😆

Thinks out loud – must be a way to monetise price discrepancies as ^^^ Err – how to?

frankconway

@Essel; ‘….without going’ – where?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@Essel; ‘….without going’ – where?

Like this 😡

frankconway

@essel; your emoji is a picture of japanese inscrutability – or straining; don’t know which……….

chewkw
    Free Member

The thing with squid is never over cooked it or you will be eating “rubber”. 😀

Oh ya … I will check out my local co-op tomorrow … :mrgreen:

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@essel; your emoji is a picture of japanese inscrutability – or straining; don’t know which…..

I thought it was someone who’s pulling a face, like after drinking posh wine.

frankconway

Posh?

I’m from the true north – Northumberland – where posh doesn’t exist…….. 😀

frankconway

@chewkw; thanks for the tip – 30 seconds each side, job done

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    The thing with squid is never over cooked it or you will be eating “rubber

Not quite true.

Yes, it’s lovely flash seared, but it’s also very good slowly braised.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I work in the wine trade and almost certainly that is a pricing error of epic proportion. Vina Sol white isn’t as bad as CFH would have you believe, it’s a fairly decent white wine and very certainly worth £3.75. I’d drive round all your local co-ops tomorrow and make the bstrds pay for their blunder. NB, I won’t be bothering because I only drink Meursault, like CFH.

frankconway

@BA; if only my Co-Op stocked Esmerelda and/or Black Label with such pricing errors……aah, to dream. I know my around the wine market – upto a point.
    My post was a sort of PSA
    You drink ‘only Meursault’? A little limiting? What do you pour on your cornflakes?

1971 Dom Perignon, stored properly since purchase in 1986; was christening present for No 1 son who was born in 1986.
    Bought from Bill Baker, deceased, of Hallatrow Wines.
    Offered to son when he was…..18, 21, 25, 30; most recent response was – ‘Dad, i don’t like fizzy drinks’; dad adopts goldfish appearance – mouth opens and closes but no words.
    I would love to pay him for it and enjoy but, knowing the provenance, I would always know it was his – not mine – and that would detract.
    I would appreciate more than him.
    Returning to my point, how do I achieve good (not highest or best) price?
    Email in profile.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I don’t much like white wine tbh. maybe would enjoy a 10yo Alsace Riesling or something very different/expensive out of the ordinary. Red wine, I’ll drink anything, but particularity like ripasso/Amerone. Have wine qualifications but lost interest in it some time after it became a job. Into ponsy hipster beers at the mo.

maccruiskeen

1971 Dom Perignon, stored properly since purchase in 1986;

So these are going cheap in Co-op too?

cynic-al
    Free Member

One of you in Woodstock?

Cleaned out 😛

gobuchul
    Free Member

poolman
    Free Member

Vina sol comes up from time to time in asda for a fiver. Its v nice, stock up when its on offer

drlex
    Free Member

Either been corrected overnight or I picked up a slightly different bottle, as £7.49 at the till just now. Torres Vina Sol Blanco.

crankboy
    Free Member

My local coop has been cleaned out! Which one of you lives in Chapel Allerton Leeds ?

binners

What Flashies fridge is actually full of….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah.

Room temperature Bucky.

jonnyrockymountain

Vina sol is my favourite white wine

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bargaintastic wine at Co-Op’ is closed to new replies.