Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bargain Saddles – lightest for the money?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I've never really been fussy about saddles (maybe 'cos I've got a fat arse?)

Recently used SDG Bel Air but have had Bontrager, Selle etc without complaint.

So I'm looking for a nice light saddle for not much money – anyone seen any bargains out there? If I really don't like it, I'll just sell it on.

edit – not in the slightest bit interested in I-beam after they've let me down twice.

nuke

That'll be the Charge Spoon then…cheap as chips and a reasonable 280g (Well mine have been)

c9tln
    Free Member

san marco phobos,£34.95,198gsm,from merlin,really like mine.

pinches
    Free Member

Define not much money? Charge spoon is good value, but not light.

Merlin have a choice of Fiziks like Gobi and Arione for about £45

steve_b77
    Free Member

Charge spoon, great saddle and pretty light really for the money

higgo
    Free Member

So far thinking of

this one: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33175
    £20 and 200g – I've got one on a fixie road bike and it's not uncomfortable (not that I do long days in the saddle on that bike). Not sure about the orange bit.

or:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29559
    £24 and 180g

Charge Spoon looks good but is both heavier and more expensive than those two.

higgo
    Free Member

san marco phobos,£34.95,198gsm,from merlin,really like mine.

Hmmm… got a San Marco on my plastic road bike which is comfy in a 'never, ever think about it' kind of way.

So it's one to think about.

mieszko
    Free Member

+ 1 for the orange BeOne saddle. My OH's brother has it and says it is comfy, he races in marathons so needed a comfy but light saddle. The orange bit is not that much "in your face" especially if gets a bit dirty. Carbon, titanium and still some padding, all for £20 🙂

You can also buy a battered SLR 135 and strip it to the bare shell…

br
    Free Member

Tyre/Wheel logo match!

Northwind

Charge Knife is a bargain for what it is- ti rails, lightweight build… It's not super racey, but on the plus side, it's not super racey. I love mine, though I can see you probably need to be the right shape for them. Amazingly comfy considering that it's almost unpadded.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Second hand SLR. Available in decent nick for about £35, and weigh 135g.

Not to everybody's taste though…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bargain Saddles – lightest for the money?’ is closed to new replies.