Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bargain Basement Gear?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Due to the recession,no work most of year being a brickie and nowt much out there,stuggling to make ends meet,but need to bike still.
    so does anyone know of any good deals,places etc etc,on clothes and the like to keep me going?
    cheers Blower.

jam-bo

apparently lidl/aldi is alright if you don't mind looking like a pikey.

plenty of good deals on second hand gear on here and SDH.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Lidl got great biking socks and their long sleve jerseys are a bit naff looking and show off ya man boobs a bit but otherise great value – use mine for commuting!

Blower
    Free Member

Lidl is thee place then lol,will go ave a look,need new socks so could be a winner..

Speshpaul

Aldi Lidl stuff is ok, the tops are better than the shorts, last years winter jerseys were great for £9.99.
    But both stores have run the offers now, so theres probably nowt left.
    Sports Direct (aka soccer sport) have started doing karrimor cycling kit. Better short than Aldi.I'd go for cheap tops and a good pair of winter tights (endura)
    Also try TKmax, they stock smart wool merino base layers (£20) and berghaus and Alpine lowe jackets for around £60

Its winter now and clothing gets wrecked so why pay £45 for a fox top so you can look like a wanna-be MX-er? and you can't get much more pikey the that!

gusamc
    Free Member

mandmdirect

certain very good deals and lots of tat as well,

scotster
    Free Member

Just keep wearing the same stuff!
    My cycling shorts are 15 years old…….
    My favourite shirt is 12.. not very trendy but we get on fine together.
    Ah..shoes… I must admit when I was on my second roll of gaffer tape after taping and retaping the sole onto the toe box I gave in and had to buy some new ones.
    Good luck with getting some work.

tinsy
    Free Member

what size are you I got some Altura shorts with a liner, and some long Altura riding trousers and can probably sort out a shirt or something worth riding in. 32" waist sorta size.

You can have it for postage and a small donation to SinglegeekWorld classifieds.

I did pick up a long sleeve riding top in my local Lidl sat but there wasnt much there, but they did have shoes left.

edit.. I am gutted I just chucked loads of stuff that would have done a turn and the bins have gone, I do still have what I said though and wife is just checking what else was in that pile of kit.

Blower
    Free Member

my shoes need some new gaffer tape on em…;0)
    dint know tkmaxx did merino wool base layers not bad that,

Blower
    Free Member

thats good of you to offer Tinsy thanks!im normally 34" got a nice belly at the mo shes coming on sweet ;0)
    wonder if 32" would do?they may go under the crotch ha!

Speshpaul

"dint know tkmaxx did merino wool base layers not bad that, "
    In with the skiing stuff, normally got some merino socks as well.
    If there's something you need try asking at your LBS, they somethimes have some older kit to shift. Also a good rummage through CRC can pay off.

tinsy
    Free Member

you can buy the endura baa baa for about £20 anyhow, but yes TK max does have decent stuff at times.

tinsy
    Free Member

ja the shorts are too tight for me,, shame theyre nearly new, and the riding troussers got lots of life in em, i just cant stand riding in the darn things… sorry I couldnt help out..

still worth poppoing to your local Lidl and aldi, never know might be stuff left, as I said I got a few bits on sat from mine…

Blower
    Free Member

ja cool,cheers,will have a ganders tomorow…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Blower – rob here. What do you need mate? I have some winter gloves, shimano spd shoes, and a few odds and sods.
    email me on robjackson@hotmail.co.uk

Blower
    Free Member

Yo Rob,you have mail… 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

what about decathlon?

chakaping
    Free Member

If you have any old merino wool jumpers, you can just wear them on the bike.

My M&S ones are really warm and breathable. Great for winter.

vondally
    Free Member

decathlon…some great stuff notalways in cycling but in mountain sports/base layers and fleeces. Try the endurance running stuff as well their thermal are mega warm.
    TK Maxx ski stuff and outdoor actvity/ vaude berghaus lowe try some of the european stuff falke and so on.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

blower keep your eye on the post box tomorrow

Nezbo
    Free Member

Hi mate, I get some stuff from here 🙂 cheep as chips 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bargain Basement Gear?’ is closed to new replies.