Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bare your (Cotic) Souls
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

I’ve only gone and bought one, post pics up of your Soul!

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve been ragging mine round the Peaks today so too tired to take and post photos I’m afraid but you WILL love it.
    They do get hyped but I think it’s fair. I love mine, the FS hardly gets a look in these days.

oxnop
    Free Member

Vortexracing

ok here you go

My first one

Back of Conwy Mountain by eastham_david, on Flickr

and now my latest

P1000834 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Just about to go into the garage and change the Rev Teams U-Turns to Dual Air RLti’s set to a fixed 140mm and it now sports a gravity dropper post.

I said the build was very close to yours, you will love it they are great frames.

damo2576
    Free Member

what is so good about these compared to other 853 frames of same geometry that hardly get mentioned?!

Vortexracing

They are hand made by Vestal Virgins 😉

codybrennan
    Free Member

Saw a nice one at Mabie Forest today, guy out with a gf/spouse. Great bike.

damo2576
    Free Member

I should add I do like them, just wondered!

HermanShake
    Free Member

From my brief research, the strength to weight appears to be a key part. A lot of other frames I checked out have similar properties, but 500ish grammes more frame to boot. All that magical 853 tubing, mmmmm.

Anyone out there who’s ridden a few different LTHTs?

I’m a little envious of the black frames, mine’s orange (bargainous 2nd hand purchase), maybe I’ll refer to it as “flame”.

Vortex, you’re right. It’s encouraging to hear other riders with a similar setup. Shame there isn’t an I-beam GD post!

I’ve got a 70mm stem which I plan to use with it, are people using shorter with theirs or about the same?

letmetalktomark

120mm forks & 90mm stem

Seriously love mine.

edoverheels
    Free Member

No photos I’m afraid but one of the best bikes I have ever had and without a doubt the bike I would have if we were allowed only one. 1×10, 120mm forks and wide low flat bars with burly wheels. Can do XC but flies on downhills but just not so good at steep or rocky but you can’t have everything.

Vortexracing

Shame there isn’t an I-beam GD post!

they now do I beam heads for the posts.

Just put the New Rev RL Ti Dual Air on and with some Racing Ralph and Nobby Nicks on it weighs a nice and light 25.1lbs with the Gravity Dropper. 😆

with the original I beam post and seat it will be just under 24lbs which i’m pretty chuffed with TBH.
    Oh and I have a Race Face Turbine stem @ 60mm with some Race Face Sixc Bars

letmetalktomark

As mine is ^^ its about 28lbs.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I fear imminent weight weeniness once I’ve built it up. I love the GD, but they’re such a utility item; ugly, heavy, brilliant.

Like a boiler; you wouldn’t be without it but it stays out of sight! I’ll look into the I Beam head thing, cheers for the heads up.

Fairly similar but still diverse setups, it’s food for thought!

james
    Free Member

“compared to other 853 frames of same geometry “
    Which are these? (other than the BFe – okay so only the one 853 tube)

I’ll admit I’ve not compared
    The ‘grouptest’/roundup in the hardtail special of dirt (73?) had the soul come out on top of a load of others

rustler
    Free Member

I had one. I’ll admit, it was very very good, but not £350 better than the cheap Inbred I also have.

If I had to run one bike though it would probably still be a Soul. 😐

tinribz
    Free Member

27lb ish 130 revs dual air, is a demon downhill but TBO the front feels like it wanders a bit going up when it gets steep.

Maybe I just go uphill too fast, not. 80mm stem.

damo2576
    Free Member

Which are these? (other than the BFe – okay so only the one 853 tube)

Genesis Altitude and one of the Sandersons. Both 853 and similar geo?

bol

When I decided to whittle down to one mountain bike it was the route I took – apart from as it was my one and only I went for a Soda. Now on my second. I’m absolutely sure it isn’t really worth the extra over the Soul though. I used to have a Sanderson Life btw before I was lured by FS bikes, and loved it.

mulacs

Here’s mine, old school frame, faded paint, gaffer tape stuck on by the previous owner but I love it with my heart and Soul.
    Running a very niche 3×8 (!), Pike 454 air u-turns, hope/arches, 90mm stem. Was pondering going to a 70mm, 50 was just way too short.
    Lovely bike, best one I’ve ever owned.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bare your (Cotic) Souls’ is closed to new replies.