Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Barclays Additions getting downscaled
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Barclays Additions is to be downscaled in January – could be bye bye Barclays.

It was always a bit expensive, but main thing is it gives me RAC membership plus mobile insurance, card protection, overdraft, will writing, legal advice stuff, and a bunch of other things. They’re knocking a few quid off it and downscaling it to just… mobile insurance. Works out over £100 a year for mobile insurance. No thanks.

Might move to Nationwide who do a £10 a month job with UK/EU breakdown, Worldwide travel insurance including winter sports, worldwide mobile insurance, extended warranties, commission free overseas cash withdrawals, and 3% interest on £2.5k balance.

Only thing stopping me moving is Barclays do a really good mobile app, and Nationwide don’t do a mobile app at all for Windows Phone!

Alternate is I jump onto free banking (for however long that will still last) and just cough up for individual bits.

woody2000

If you decide to go to Nationwide, drop me an email and I’ll refer you – £100 each 🙂

NW are good, the app is good too. Maybe buy a cheap Android phone 😉

I recently had to use the phone insurance, very easy to make a claim.

scotroutes

There’s a Lloyds/Halifax/Bank of Scotland one too. Mobile, travel insurance. Emergency Homecare and a couple of other benefits

gobuchul
    Free Member

I’ve got the Barclays rewards account. It’s free and you get free entry for 2 people to English Heritage sites.

There is some other stuff but that’s the only one I bother with it.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

the app is good too.

I thank you.

It’s the app that’s worth getting an iphone for, OP. 😆

deadkenny
    Free Member

Nope. Nothing is ever worth me getting an iPhone 😛

As I say, the Barclays app is really good. It’s one thing they’ve done really well, on Android, iOS and even the Windows Phone app (possibly the best Windows Phone app there is).

I’m old fashioned and tied to the account I’ve always had so big step to move bank 😀 . Had Barclays account since my teens, which is a very long time ago now. Even still technically the same branch back home. Not that I ever go into a bank branch these days.

I do like Nationwide though. Have a free current account already with them, just not my main account, plus numerous savings, ISAs and mortgage. Win Phone app and I’m there in a shot. Not currently planning returning to Android. Though keeping an eye on the potential “Nokia” Android (in name only though really, it’s not the old Nokia).

blitz

Just had my letter through. The new account they’re putting me on is crap so looks like I’ll be switching to Nationwide FlexPlus too. Pretty much everything else is with Nationwide anyway including savings and mortgage.

Been with Barclays since I was student when I was lured in by the free, almost Dom Joly sized, mobile phone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Barclays Additions getting downscaled’ is closed to new replies.