• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Barcelona, What to see in just 2 days there?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Time isn’t plentiful so where would you visit in just 2 days in Barcelona?

footflaps
    Vortexracing

Me and the Mrs went for her 40th birthday.

You must see the Gaudi gardens and the Temple de la Sagrada Familia, plus the city centre with the Las Ramblas and harbour are great.

Use the Metro to get around.

Get some comfy walking shoes.

The centre around Las Ramblas and the small streets around it at night are great.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Yep, Parc Gel is lovely, The Gracada de Familia (sp) is stunning, Las Ramblas was lost on me (and also one of the places where you REALLY had to keep an eye on your wallet) but you’ve got Sea, City, heritage and great weather, what’s not to like? The Metro is great, but the Tourist bus is also cheap and takes in most of the relevent points.

As long as you take sensible precautions against street crime (i.e. don’t hang an enormous camera around your neck and shout I AM A TOURIST every 10 seconds) there is nothing to stop you having a very nice time. Mrs Rusty and I Honeymooned there and thought it was beautiful.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Take the tourist bus. When we went (admittedly a few years ago) it was two loops in like a figure of 8 – a blue and a red loop. You could get a ticket for both days, get off where you wanted and back on the next one. It taks in the cathedral, Olympic village, footie stadium, port area – all well worth stopping for. I can’t recall if it also took you up in the hills, where you get an amazing view of the city and the famous ‘grid pattern’ that it’s built on. Or something like that.

Like Rusty says, just watch your rucksacks / handbags for the pickpockets around the tourist hotspot bits like La Ramblas – we did feel a little uncomfortable at times, but just be sensible. The city’s lovely – and it’ll be warm too.

biggulp
    Free Member

I second the tourist bus. Try and see the Gaudi house but big queues at peak times. Great little restaurant in the gothic quarter called ‘El Pinto’. Picasso museum across from the gothic quarter if Picasso floats your boat. Las Ramblas is tat city.

And of course Camp Nou if Barca are playing. Dropped lucky when I was there with work and managed to get in for a Spanish FA Cup game.

alexathome
    Free Member

Arcades in the Gothic quarter are great, good little bars too – spent my honeymoon there – fantastic city.

allyharp

Parc Guell is great. I was also lucky that my friend is a Barcelona season ticket holder and they happened to be playing while there – worth a visit if you can.

Sagrada Familia is impressive to see, we didn’t go inside though. The place around it is choked full of tourists.

johnhoo
    Free Member

footy fan? no trip to Barca is complete without a stadium tour at Camp Nou if you are. Recommended. I’ve had my hands on the Spanish League Cup 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

definitely the tourist bus.

Any Gaudi building you can get to.

find a bar in the old city and chill out.

I love Barcelona.

retro83
    Free Member

Sagrada Familia is great, as is Park Guel. The gothic bit of the city is worth a look too. If you’re interested in buildings/artwork the Gaudi buildings dotted around the city are worth a look too.

It’s worth checking opening times/dates before you go, as IIRC a lot of stuff is closed on Sundays/Mondays

BigJohn

The guided bike tours are excellent, then hire a big ol’ cruiser bike for the rest of the day. They really shrink the city.

Cal Pep is the best tapas bar in the world – FACT. Not too expensive.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

THere’s this great place calld the Baghdad Club…

BigJohn

Am I the only person in the world who hates Sagrada Familia? yes the twisty bits look pretty, but it’s a testament to committe based decision, and lousy project management.
    It makes me so ANGRY.

scruff
    Free Member

Have some wine John, calm down, its not finshed yet…

momo

Yes La Ramblas is tat central, but its still well worth a walk down.

Sagrada Familia, is also a great building to visit, although I prefered walking around La Pedrera (Casa Mila – The Gaudi designed appartment building), especially as you get out onto the roof.

Parc Guell is a great place to spend a sunny afternoon wandering around.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Things I enjoyed in Barcelona:

Strolling round looking at the Gaudi buildings. La Pedrera was my favourite

Eating tapas on a boat in the harbour

The Sagrada Familia

GJP
    Free Member

No one has mentioned the Miro foundation/museum. I vaguely remember it being a bit of a trek? to get there but it was a long time ago

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Barcelona, What to see in just 2 days there?’ is closed to new replies.