• This topic has 49 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Barbour
  • jools182
    Free Member

I really wanted a barbour jacket but the sizing is bizarre

really wide bodies and short sleeves

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My 17 year old uses one I have – bought in Plymouth Coop in 1989

I have a John Partridge one which I still use – and was a bit upmarket from the Barbour in its day – now 21 years old

Rubber_Buccaneer

There is a reason for that, have you ever been game shooting? Short and fat is where it’s at.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’m glad Barbour are back in vogue. I can actually wear mine in public without being looked at like some kind of pikey!

Mine is 25 years old, a few rips but so comfortable.

core

There is a reason for that, have you ever been game shooting? Short and fat is where it’s at.

Both of the above are true, I normally wear a L/XL, the Barbour L in a jacket I’ve had a few years was too short in the sleeve and narrow in the shoulders, and the XL which I ended up with, is very roomy in the body, particularly as I’m slightly smaller now than I was then.

BFITH
    Free Member

I tend to agree with the sizing problem…My international is similar…sleeves and shoulders just right for me…but very wide in the body (and I’m by no means a slim chap!). Suppose it allows room for a jumper or two….

ThePinkster

I’ve had my Trials jacket for years and wear it most of the year, only putting it to one side when I might need something with a hood (or on the MTB, although I’ve tried that too).

It’s starting to look properly ‘lived in’ now. used to hate the new look of it when I bought it.

fit’s perfect for me.

Pigface
    Free Member

The poachers pocket at the back of a Barbour should have something wet and slimy in it or it hasn’t been used properly 😉

mt
    Free Member

Like mine for a bit outdoor time, shooting, beating, dog walking and general messing around in the woods. Agree with someone above who mentioned pushing through brambles, the leggings are best protection.

Have moved on to Harkila (pro hunter) suit for the really bad weather, it the next step forward in outdoor protection.

kcal

My Belstaff, too, came from motorcycling days – it’s been patched (where I fell off) and now lives in either the shed or in boot of the car for piss-awful days – probably not as well proofed now but shrugs off foul weather..

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Barbour’ is closed to new replies.