Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Barbados travel advice.
  • cobrakai

I know this is the usual “I can’t be bothered to do my own research thread” but as we generally have all the same interests on here, has anybody got travel tips for Barbados with a 2 year old?

We got here last night and we are up in the north west corner at little good harbour.

We’ve also got a hire car for 4 days so we can travel around.

The other half has signalled that she would be happy for me to do some mtb as long as she can go for a spa treatment or 5!

seosamh77
    Free Member

hire a baby sitter for 2 weeks! 😆

rene59
    Free Member

Why take a 2 year old with you? Seems lie a complete waste of time and money, do what he said^

cobrakai

Good start.

In answer though, she’s my daughter. Why would I leave her behind?

Kryton57

She was probably only £75 on the plane too, right?

Anyway – loads to do. Get a catamaran day out they do have an indoors on the boat for junior, visit Bridgetown, Speights town and Rodney Bay. Have a stroll through st Lawrence gap. Drive down the east coast and enjoy the Surf, the West coast for the beaches – park up in st James and enjoy the beach there.

Go for the Harrison’s cave tour, Mount Gay rum tour, Malibu factory tour. Also visit the zoo.

Mainly, assuming your not in a hotel go shopping for banks beer, Mount Gay rum and some Coke and enjoy the warm evenings adopting the slower pace of life.

Food wise just go local and please don’t try a Brit diet – locally cooked produce is gorgeous out there – the street traders deserve your cash and you’ll live the experience.

Oh and get yourself into the Yellow buses – the Mrs and Jnr will always have a seat it’s an unwritten rule.of manners there and the tunes are great fun.

cobrakai

Avios companion voucher. =)

Good tips, I’ll have a look!

Kryton57

Ps. Forget the mtbing – there isnt any. For whatevers advertised it’ll just be a bike ride for you.

cobrakai

Booo. I was feeling hopeful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get a catamaran day out they do have an indoors on the boat for junior

Choose wisely, however. Some of the boats are lairy rum fests, which may not go down too well!

This lot are bloody excellent- https://silvermoonbarbados.com
    Not the cheapest, but just bloody excellent!

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Cuz’s fish shack, for a Banks and a fish cutter gets my vote!

bruneep

http://sailcalabaza.com

They were excellent only 9 of us on boat, we felt like Duran Duran for a day. After seeing some of the boats with 60 plus people on board we were smug

Trekster

Is the Friday night fish market still on the go?? Can`t remember the towns name tho?? We also did the submarine trip.
    We were warned not to take valuables out with us and if over on the East(?)coast warned to be aware of bag snatchers by the roadside and at junctions. We got surrounded by some Rastas a few times but MrsT had hidden her bag under the seat but we did hear of other people who did have bags stolen. Everywhere you go someone will be offering to “get you anything you want etc” This spoiled it for me….
    Been a few years since we were there, watched 2 Concordes taking off on our way to the airport 😀

Kryton57

Is the Friday night fish market still on the go?? Can`t remember the towns name tho??

Oistins.

However, I have heard that its gone downhill in the last year or so, pretty much being oriented away from tradition and closer to parties for the younger crowd based on being the Islands main focal point for drug dealers, and because of that frequent police raids.

Such a pity and I hope they get it sorted before it reaches the proportions of other Islands, BDS is such a beautiful place.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Barbados travel advice.’ is closed to new replies.