Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bar Ends & Turbo Trainers
  • rockitman

Your advice please:

Bar Ends – Do you use seperate bar ends & grips or do you use the Ergon combined ones?

Turbo Trainers – Can anyone recommend one please. I live in an apartment block, noise will be an issue – mainly with the missus if it's whining away in the background (make a change for me to be the one making a constant whining noise – he he he 🙂 Budget £200. Are the fluid / gel ones better / quieter?

Thanks in advance

uplink
    Free Member

All the turbos I've heard are [relatively] noisy

maybe a spinning bike?
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-keiser-fixed-spin-bike-gym-spin-bike

Nezbo
    Free Member

i have been looking at getting a set of these for bar ends KCNC bar ends if they are good enough for Julien Absalon they are good enough for me 🙂 (well just about)

rockitman

Jesus, they look good but £42 for bar ends. It's a lot isn't it?

What grips would you use with them? Do you use lock on's? If so, do you just attach them inside?

higthepig
    Free Member

Used Ergon grips for a few years now due to 2 knackered scaphoids and hence "limp wrists"!! Can't fault them at all as riding is now pain-free.

schmiken

KCNC flat bars and bar ends. I use foam grips to lose that extra little bit of weight and they run nicely with gripshift.

The pricier the turbo generally the quieter it is. Don't forget to factor in a turbo mat, riser block and sweat rag though!

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

I still use my old Onza bar ends. I cover these with Tressostar cloth road bar tape to stop my hands slipping on them.

scaredypants

bar ends – cane creek ergo ones for me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bar Ends & Turbo Trainers’ is closed to new replies.