Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Bar ends – out of fashion
  • clubber
    Free Member

I find them useful and comfortable on my 685mm flat bars – I consider that fairly wide. YMMV

nick3216
    Free Member

<3

schmiken

I love them on my race bikes and singlespeed, but I’m not a fan of wide bars.

njee20
    Free Member

I wanted a different hand position on the long road rides to the trails

I put my hands either side of my stem and bend my elbows. Gets you there quicker.

campfreddie
    Free Member

bar ends are soooooo 1990

midge bars are the way ahead… unbelievable levels of leverage when climbing and stacks of comfy hand positions when on the flat… you can even use them on downhills! (as i did at the weekend… thank God for well set-up Avid BB7’s!)

rewski
    Free Member

I was thinking of trying some curtain pole ends on my bars:

Alejandro
    Free Member

That Cannondale with Midge bars – really nice!

KCNC bar ends on KCNC flat bars for me (race hardtail). Really love them, fantastic for climbing and also good for cruising on the flat.

sefton
    Free Member

I miss them – didn’t look as good on the Turner, plus 100mm stem and 560mm bars made me a tad nervous on tech & decents

If we’re posting pictures, how about this one ?
    Five cyclists riding up a hill. Can you guess which one’s on a single speed ?

sefton
    Free Member

the guy standing up with ridiculously wide bars

jwmlee
    Free Member

Current set up:

[/url] 246_4629_1 by jwmlee, on Flickr[/img]

Really like these: http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k441/a11845/comp-be-carbon-bar-ends.html

maxlite
    Free Member

Still got Ergon’s with bar ends on flats, its a bit like having drops on your road bike, just another position available

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for risers making them redundant, hands on the stem for long seated climbs and the extra leverage of wider bars made them uneccecary for standing and stomping on the pedals.

IMO, you’re entitled to your oppinnion, but the doest change the fac that it’s wrong 😛

AndyP
    Free Member

hands on the stem for long seated climbs

ON the stem?

sefton
    Free Member

Sounds tricky

AndyP
    Free Member

Five cyclists riding up a hill. Can you guess which one’s on a single speed ?

The proper cool one. FACT. Definitely not the big lad in red wearing scoutmaster shorts.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I use them on risers, just ‘cos that’s what I have kicking about. Bite me 🙂

Very useful for long days in the saddle IMO.

Mike_D
    Free Member

560mm bars made me a tad nervous on tech & decents

Have you considered putting your brake levers somewhere you can reach them? 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Bar ends – out of fashion’ is closed to new replies.