Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bar end caps that actually stay in?
  • _daveR
    Free Member

I’m running ESI grips and quite like them. However, the end caps are dire. The slightest knock or crash means they pop out, never to be seen again! (Running RF Atlas bars, so nothing out of the ordinary.)

Are the Hope ones worth it? Or the KCNC ones? Or am I best with buying a job lot of black plastic ones from CRC and using these?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Bit of insulating tape round the prongs to bulk them out a bit.

jam1e
    Free Member

Bar Tabs I always have a ready supply of bottle tops to keep the ends of my handlebars looking tip top.

And they stay in well too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

ODI ones never fall out (the newer flat ones). In fact, you have to undo the lock ring to remove them.

nedrapier

there are some BBB ones with a allen key expander. not heavy. Think I got them from Wiggle.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Did I ever tell you chaps …..

stumpy01

I’ve got the KCNC ones and they stay in. Bit pricey, but a nice finishing touch.
    I went for plain silver (alu) because they tend to get scuffed and thought an anodised colour would start to look tatty after a while.

slowoldman

I fitted some Crank Bros grips and the end plugs were apalling. Now got Hope. Expensive but they don’t fall out and will last.

DezB
    Free Member

Did I ever tell you chaps …..

How is the belly? 🙂

_daveR
    Free Member

Will try some of the BBB ones.

Although I was toying with trying some Northshores or Rogues anyway.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve got BBB on my road bike (no problem with my Charge grips on the off-road bikes) they’re cheap, light, and work.

http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/p/47753/BBB-Screw-In-Bar-Plugs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bar end caps that actually stay in?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts