• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bar degree, sweep back and up. How much noticeable difference ?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Browsing carbon bars and curious as to whether a 5 degree sweep back really feels THAT different to a 9 degree – same goes for the up?

bol

I think it does. The wider the bars get the more difference the sweep makes – potentially the difference between a 70 and 50 stem for example. I notice it in my wrists too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got some Sunline V1’s 12 degree I think.I can ride them all day no problem.I tried replacing them with some Ragley carbon bars of the same width but 9 degree.Cue aching wrists after about 2 hours.

davewalsh
    Free Member

It does make a subtle difference and is down to personal preference. I was considering a set of Fatbar Lites (7 deg sweep, 4 deg rise) and 50mm stem for my Soul so fitted the bars and stem off my blue pig (Easton havocs, 9 sweep, 5 rise with grips set to 740 and a 55mm stem to make sure my hands would be in the same place). Really liked the position with the havocs so went for the fatbars and just couldn’t get along with them, the only subtle difference being the shape of the bars. Ended up selling the fatbars and buying more havocs.

matther01
    Free Member

IMO yes. Gone from a set of 5 degree backsweep and 4 up to 8 back and 4 up…much better on my wrist, especially on the downs.

duckers
    Free Member

Just gone from 610mm, 5 degree, 0 rise to 700mm+, 9 degree back, 4 degree up, and its very noticable, very odd. Think I prefer flat bars and bar ends (controversial/old school).

oldnick

I’ve put some OG bars on upside down on my SS as an experiment and so far my naff wrists are liking it – the extra backsweep (and droop rather than rise) seems to put the bars in the middle of my range of movement.

Looks minging mind.

cp

I find it makes a huge difference and find less sweep better – liking around 5 degrees at 750mm.

But it’s another very personal thing. Generally wide shouldered would be inclined to wider bats with less sweep as there arms aren’t at such an angle out too wide bars, but it’s a guide only.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bar degree, sweep back and up. How much noticeable difference ?’ is closed to new replies.