• This topic has 97 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by spok5.
Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Banshee spitfire as…….
  • ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I don’t know if it will be a big issue, as I’m sure there are some people running 26’s in 650b Pikes. The main question is will you upgrade to 650b, if so then I’d go with the Sweeps if that’s what your budget allows. PM me if your interested in my ones.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Here’s mine, I built it back in March and have done everything from XC rides to BPW and Stinkydog and it’s been great. Currently running 26″ wheels with RS Revs but will probably upgrade to Pikes and 650b at some point in the future. My only criticism is the BB is very low even in the middle setting so I’ve swapped to 170mm cranks to cut down on pedal strikes.

volatilemike
    Free Member

LBS rang me earlier, picked this up after work 😀

In the middle of building it now. Will post a finished pic tomorrow hopefully. Cant wait to get out on it!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    volatilemike
    Free Member

bit late with this, but got it built up last week. Needs a few adjustments but its amazing.

Apologies for the terrible phone pic!

volatilemike
    Free Member

Anbody created something to protect the linkage from mud? Or what are you guys cleaning the linkage with? If there is 1 bad point, its that the bearings are completely exposed to the welsh weather 🙂

mactheknife

I cut an innertube and cable-tied it in place to protect the linkage. Seems to be doing a reasonable job in this god awful weather 🙂

fingerbang
    Free Member

I put a fender bender mudguard attached to the seatstay braces, running tightly on the tyre. Seems to work. I think the rear bearings are reasonably well insulated.

chiefgrooveguru

The bearings are all well sealed – if you can restrain yourself from aggressively hosing or jetwashing that part of the bike then I doubt you’ll have any problems.

I just got back from a trip to Wales with the Spitfire – rode The Gap on Sat and BPW on Sun. Bloody awesome, despite suffering from manflu (the climb to the gap almost killed me). Managed 11 uplifts at BPW and lots of air! New A470 jump trail is brilliant. 🙂

mactheknife

chiefgrooveguru, have you chamged the bearings out on your spitfire yet?

Its not a job i will have to do anytime soon but just curious to how easy it is.

I have only ever done the bushings on my 5 spot and that was a doddle.

volatilemike
    Free Member

@chiefgrooveguru – so do you not run anything to protect and just leave as is?

I was at BPW on sat, I actually crashed pretty damn hard on the jump line, rebound set too high, bucked off on the down slope, that one hurt alot. It reminded me I need to dial in the inline shock a little!

I saw another guy on an orange rune. I gave him the nod of approval 😉

duir
    Free Member

Nice looking bike in raw. You can definitely see the Nicolai influence in Kieth’s work.

portydave
    Free Member

the bearings are pretty easy to change using the standard combo of hammer, drift, sockets and vice.

i’ve had my Rune frame since last august and only changed the bearings once earlier this summer and they are still in decent nick.

bitterlemon
    Free Member

VM, hope the off wasn’t to bad mate – I was at BPW Saturday gone on the orange rune with my mate on the Nukeproof. It was my first time there with it and it was a cracking day, all of the trails were running well.

Another fan here of the A470 🙂

The Banshee’s are solid bikes.

pedlad

Loving mine now it’s built and I’ve had a bit of time to fettle it to my liking. Black ano 2015 frame
    RS Pike RST
    Cane Creek DBinline
    LB rims built locally on pro II
    RS reverb stealth
    1x 10 XT + NW and Hope Trex. Sorry can’t do pictures atm.

I’m hoping its a long way off but as its my doitall bike you never know so a video of the bearing change process would be great. Don’t think there is one around at the moment.

(edit for grammar!!)

volatilemike
    Free Member

@bitterlemon – your rune is sweet mate, love that colour. Crash wasn’t too bad, just a bit sore. Main thing is nothing broken so can keep riding!

pedlad – pics or it doesn’t exist. 😛

chiefgrooveguru

Relaxing in Merthyr’s finest hostelry:

Shows my cleaning regime well! 😉

Caught in action at BPW:

The A470 line is an interesting challenge for a a not very good jumper like me – lots of different shapes so I can see why so many people are crashing – hope you weren’t too battered Mike! I was doubling up quite a lot of the rollers on the various blues but being much more judicious about keeping control of the bike with the steeper lips on the A470, hence why I’m barely off the ground in that photo! I properly nosedived the road gap on Vicious Valley after the back end bucked – I’m sure that kicker used to be smaller…

Only had it since Feb so on original bearings and the only mud protection is that thing on the fork to keep it out of my eyes. I do still have my old Cotic Soul so I suspect that’ll be the main bike for local riding through the winter.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I remember when I started the line I was feeling tired so should have stopped to rest for a few mins but I didn’t, thus the mtb biking gods punished me and my poor skillz.

A470 is good because it has different size tables, some I could clear and some I couldn’t. Great to practice on though.

They have definitely re done that kicker you’re on about too.

spok5
    Free Member

Recently bought a first gen Rampant. Amazing. Was hardtail all the way until now. Banshee bikes are outstanding.

I use it for everything except commute.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Banshee spitfire as…….’ is closed to new replies.