• This topic has 23 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by pigyn.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Banshee Spitfire?
  • scunny
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

Considering taking the plunge. Would appreciate some user feedback/pictures. Info on the size you’re running would be helpful, i’m 6ft1 and i’m on the fence between M or L.

AlexSimon
    AlexSimon

There’s an older thread here too:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/banshee-spitfire

goodgrief
    Free Member

Go large, I’m 5’9″ on a medium.

chiefgrooveguru

Get a large – I’m 5’10.5 on a medium with 50mm stem and straight post. And take the plunge, they’re awesome! 😀 160mm Pike, CCDBA and 27.5 wheels on mine:

The Stans decals have recently been removed from the rims and it looks even better now!

goodgrief
    Free Member

Were you at Glentress today Chief?

AlexSimon

I would say large too. I rode a large on a demo day and I’m 5’10 and it was fine (although I’d get a Medium for me).

pigyn
    Free Member

*cough* Shameless self promotion *cough*

Pedals Bike Care Sale Frames

We have Medium and Large frames going cheap, and also rolling chassis/full bike details.

Just off to Glentress on our pair of Phantoms, great fun 🙂

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and ride a large, fit is good !

Sui
    Free Member

Defo large for you,

scunny
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Large it is. Off on holiday next week so i’ll wait and see what damage that does to my bank account, all being well i’ll be able to grab myself one when i get back.

Can’t wait.

pedlad

Can anyone confirm the seat post size on these? Also is the stealth dropper routing only up seat tube? Looks like from the pictures that it’s external down the down tube?

Sui
    Free Member

External on down, then stealth on seat tube. Can’t remember seat tube size, think it’s 30.0

lucky7500

I’m 6’1″ and have a large which fits perfectly. I can also recommend Pedals in Edinburgh to build one up for you.
    goodgrief, it was probably me at Glentress today. I’ve also got a large 650B stealth black!!

goodgrief
    Free Member

Ah, it was a black spitfire chasing me up to Buzzard’s nest! I got mine from Pedals too, top lads.
    There’s cable routing for external and stealth droppers on the 2014+ frames, 30.9mm.

lucky7500

I’m pretty sure that was me!!

pedlad

Thanks for seat post confirmation

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Wow.. Is Banshee the new Santa Cruz.? 🙂
    After much humming and hawing I ended up with a Stealth Black XL Spitfire with black Pikes, broke down my old 26″ DT EX1750 wheels and built up some 650B’s using the DT hubs onto FlowEX’s so I’ve ruined the full ‘murdered out’ look with white hubs, white cables/hoses and by leaving the rim stickers on.

I shall expect a lynch mob at my house presently to dish out a sound thrashing for this heinous transgression.! 😆

Oh and I’m 6’4″ hence the XL, fits me lovely with a 60mm stem.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Cables and hoses should be black, thems the rules.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Well unless you have braided hope hoses that is 😆

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Nope.. White Shimano cables and white goodridge hoses. Hoses were carried over from the old bike if that saves me a beating.!?
    Considering that I wasn’t paying £400 just to get black DT 240S hubs when the white ones I have are perfectly fine then I think white cables to match the white hubs is the bare minimum I could do to stop the hubs looking very odd..!?

Can I assume that this would be a very bad time to mention that I also have red Hope floating rotors to match the red hub and rim logos.?! 😳

AlexSimon

Wow.. Is Banshee the new Santa Cruz.?

Don’t say that – you’ll put me off!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Yes I surely hope they’re not, I’d have never of bought mine if they were/are then the price is going to go up to silly levels and you can only ride them with enve wheels

pigyn
    Free Member

Great to see so many of you guys enjoying your Spitfires 🙂

My Phantom is honestly one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. Now if only they would listen to us and make a carbon version…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Spitfire?’ is closed to new replies.