Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 564 total)
  • Banshee Spitfire
  • chiefgrooveguru

SOAP, standard Rockshox Maxles will fit too. That little end bolt only needs to be just past finger tight – 3Nm.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Just getting ready to go out for a ride and saw this…:(

Warranty time?

bitterlemon
    Free Member

I know of quite a few people who have ended up with that bolt snapping. Myself included.

Is that a mk2 frame? Gutted. Hope it all works out.

teethgrinder

Oh dear 🙁

enigmas
    Free Member

I cracked two Mk2 spitfires on the weld on the other end of that gusset.

Both were warranty jobs, 2 week turnaround time on both.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Yeah its a 2015 spitty. Absolutely gutted tbh but it happens. Dropped it off at local banshee dealer (skyline) today. Just sucks not being able to ride.

teethgrinder

One of the benefits of a raw frame finish.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Yep, hard to not notice that crack. Loved the raw finish too, not to keen on the new colours.

akak
    Free Member

Now I wish I’d checked this thread 2 weeks ago…I also have 26″ 142mm dropouts. Would swap for or buy 650b drops.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Unlucky Volotilemike, hope it gets sorted soonest! I’m away to the garage to check my 2015 Raw frame :-/

akak
    Free Member

My dropouts are sorted thanks to Geoff, if anyone wants to buy my 26″ ones then email me.

Good time to check the frame over since it will be 2 years old soon. Also i’ve always fancied taking off the front mech cable stops for tidiness which I may do once it’s out of warranty. As far as I know the new XT mechs can be run without frame stops if I ever change my mind – am I wrong?

volatilemike
    Free Member

Awesome service from Skyline and Ison. Got my bike back today all built up with shiny new frame 🙂 crap picture but you know, wanted to ride!

mactheknife

Ace news, thats the kind of customer service that you remember for a long time.

teethgrinder

I like that colour

volatilemike
    Free Member

Yeah thought Id go a bit different than the new gun metal, and this looks awesome!

momo

Is that the new updated angles frame? Does it feel very different to the previous one?

Will just leave this here too.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/v5r4TC]Banshee Spitfire[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Only had it for 3 months, took a few rides to adapt to having only ridden my HT for 9 months, but really loving it. Currently has the 150mm pikes from my BFe on after a weekend down on the Quantocks where I thought 2lbs less on the front would come in handy.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Is the new ‘Gun metal’ 2016 colour just the same as the Raw? Or is it a painted finish?

volatilemike
    Free Member

Yeah this has the new angles. I think the lower stand-over is noticeable, but I cant tell the difference of anything else.

Sorry I still haven’t got any good photos of it!

dmorts

This bike seems the only way I can upgrade (and get 27.5 potential) without selling all of my 26″ kit

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think I preferred the ride of it with 26″ wheels, might go back to them to be honest. Easier uphill anyway.

will just accept that there will be more pedal smashes.

here with 26″ wheels

teethgrinder

Looks a bit like mine, but with more bucket.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

🙂

rhid

I have seen a few of these recently and I fully agree with what dmorts says. I really really want one!

scruff
    Free Member

to those with the new new frame- what length stem are you running?

volatilemike
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    to those with the new new frame- what length stem are you running?

I’ve got a Large and running a 50mm at the moment. I have a 40mm that I was going to try but haven’t got around to it and not felt the need. Im just about 6ft.

scruff
    Free Member

Ok ta.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Is the spacing 135mm x 10mm for the 26″ dropouts and is mint green still an option on 2016 new revised toptube version?

Welding beads on the raws look immensely tasty!

I_Ache
    Free Member

dmorts – Member
    This bike seems the only way I can upgrade (and get 27.5 potential) without selling all of my 26″ kit

This is one of the reasons I’m looking at one. I could do with newer forks anyway so would get some 650 Pikes and run them with my 26 wheels until they die.

scruff
    Free Member

Dont think new new ones are mint green, updated website shows yellow, gun metal or black.

Anyone running a CCDB inline on theirs and what do you think?

chiefgrooveguru

I’m pretty certain you can get the 26″ dropouts in 10×135, 12×142 and 12×150 (they also fit the 29″ bikes) whilst the 27.5 ones are 12×142 only.

Ignoring the 26 & 27.5 compatibility benefit, it’s simply a bloody brilliant bike – get one!

Scamper
    Free Member

How easy are the bearings to replace on these? Can these be done by the ham-fisted at home like with the Orange 5?

Sui
    Free Member

yeah get one -tis the shiz, much more fun than others. Also keep it real on 26’s, the pedal strikes can be a pain every now and then, but you adapt pretty quickly.

also, and i’m bloomin surprised by this, my bearings are still fine after 18 months.

mactheknife

Scamper, i just changed my bearings out after 14 months and they were in pretty good nick. Got a set from Kaesae off here to replace them with. If you need his email address i can dig it out. They come highly recommended.

teethgrinder

Only had mine since Feb – bearings seem good still.

I’m running the 650b dropouts in 142x12mm (now in the slack setting), and a 150mm 650b Pike up front and 26″ wheels.

Soon adapt to the pedal strikes and adjust technique accordingly, though I wand the 160mm Pike air shaft and when I want a new chainset I’ll go down to 170mm.

CCDB Inline is awesome. Not got any spacers in mine as I didn’t get any, but never felt the need to get some – feels more than the 140mm travel.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Oh dear, found this crack earlier this week. Waiting on answer from shop who passed pics to Banshee UK importer.

teethgrinder

🙁

volatilemike
    Free Member

Thats 3 of us with cracks around the same area, slightly concerning. Hopefully my 2016 frame is better.

I was the opposite with the bearings, the bottom ones were completely seized, but I didn’t clean it very often. So my fault

It still an awesome bike though so it doesnt matter.

lorenzo
    Free Member

I spent the last week trying to decide between the Spitfire and a Bronson c (v1). During this morning ride my buddies where pushing me towards the Santa Cruz: it’s carbon! It’s lighter! Yes, I said… But the Spitfire is tough! Unbreakable! And now I see three cracks in two pages! I know every frame can break but in this case all frames are cracked in the same place, it looks like a design issue… The funny thing is that there’s a cracked Bronson a few threads below…

teethgrinder

Three cracked Spitfires on a thread all about Spitfires, and it’s over a year old.
    VS
    One cracked Bronson on a new thread about that cracked Bronson.

I’ll keep my Spitfire.

mactheknife

I know 5 people running spitfires, very hard 🙂 Not one hint of trouble or cracked frames.

Get one, saying that they are very different bikes from the Bronson. A test ride might be in order.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.