Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Banshee rune v2
  • billybanzai
    Free Member

Who’s running one of these and what option have you took 650 or 26??
    Do they handle well up as well as down??

tops5
    Free Member

Just get a Covert! 😉

billybanzai
    Free Member

GLENNNNNNNNN!! lol!! Been offered banshee cheap as chips dude

tops5
    Free Member

Decided to keep the Covert now – but that was on my hit list for new frames. There’s a guy on here got one recently, I’m sure he’ll be along soon.

billybanzai
    Free Member

Sweet!!!

portydave
    Free Member

just got one a week ago, couple of rides in so far and it seems to be the mutts nuts!!

got 26″ wheels on it for now.

goes up pretty well, and don’t notice any significant difference from my previous zesty. certainly, when it comes to ascending, its not the bike thats the limiting factor!

i’d post a photo…..if i knew how?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve got one….it’s ace! Shameless pic plug

It’s now got a short cage Type 2 clutch mech and a RF narrow wide ring on the way. As pictured it weighs in at 33lbs on the nose but climbs surprisingly well but flies down hills. Its a really confidence inspiring bike to ride that seems to do most things pretty well. If I’m honest, I’d have been better off with a Spitfire but couldbt get a demo on one so went for the Rune instead.

I was also looking at a Covert but the medium that I rode was too small and I didn’t like the way the large looked. Sad I know, but this was the most I’ve ever spent on a frame so wanted one that rode well and still looked good.

The Cane Creek is a worthwhile upgrade…the CTD shock was a bit poo I thought although I did manage to make it ride poorly by getting carried away with fiddling. It’s now back to where it was and we’re back in business! I really liked the fact that I could email Keith who designed it and ask silly questions!

My only complaint is that the 73mm bottom bracket and ISCG05 tabs don’t work with my E13 chain device and Race Face cranks. Due to clearance issues I’ve had to move the bottom bracket spacer over to the drive side which has resulted in a rubbish chainline hence the move to a narrow wide ring and a clutch mech. The same set up (with the correct backplate) was perfect on my SX Trail with old ISCG. Progress hey?

billybanzai
    Free Member

Nice mindmap!! Been offered one in the sick yellow so I might oblige lol

mindmap3
    Free Member

I wanted the fluro yellow but was put off by the green decals (there is a problem with the decals where they react with the paint and go green instead if black). The bigger issue was that I’m impatient and the only colouraavailable in large was black.

Where are you based? Blazing Bikes have got one you can demo around Long Mynd.

billybanzai
    Free Member

yeah spoke to blazing theyve stripped there demos waiting on new ones coming in!! so i cant try lol!! but hey i didnt try my commencal meta and that was awesome lol

portydave
    Free Member

Mine is yellow, and the decals are black. Looks awesome!!

billybanzai
    Free Member

Looking good lads going viewing the frame next week, just ordered some 36 talas 160mm from jenson USA so the ball is in motion woo hoo!!! Full on build from scratch can’t wait for a project

endurogangster
    Free Member

I had a v1, defo better down than going up, sold it in the end because I got pissed off changing the little bushings on the shock mount every 5 minutes!

billybanzai
    Free Member

Yeah v1 had the crappy plastic bushings! Hence v2 overhaul

billybanzai
    Free Member

Hey MINDMAP3!!! it fell through with the frame however thinking of ordering 2014 model, how do you find it on the uphills people say there harder work??? It’s either this for me or a Cotic rocket that’s my choices of frame ya see ,its crunch time for order lol!!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Have you thought about spitfire v2? It can be built up burly but easier pedalling up. Mine has DBair and van 36’s and its a solid bike!

portydave
    Free Member

My rune is the balls!! Get one!!

Don’t have anything more constructive to contribute than that…….

theraggyone
    Free Member

I looked at getting a rune but ended up going with the spitfire after a test ride as its plenty bike for my riding .I loved the idea of a rune but realistically the spitfire suited me better. I still love the idea of a rune though lol infact I would happily ride any banshee I couldnt be happier with my bike its really solid, easy to pedal up , loves air time and fast as f### downhill.im sure whatever you choose will be brilliant especially if you go banshee. Heres a shameless picture of spitfire

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Banshee rune v2’ is closed to new replies.