• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kwack.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Banshee rune … Thoughts and sizing
  • kwack
    Free Member

Got the magpie eyes out so been looking at changing my enduro frame to something else. Can’t be bothered to go whole hog to 650b and new forks so started looking at the banshee rune which should go well with 26 wheels and my lyriks

Any owners put there and thoughts on how these ride. Am 5’10” so either a medium or large I guess

Cheers
    Kwack

tomhoward

Mstomhoward has a medium and she’s 5’7″, I’ve ridden it (6’1″) and it feels tiny, if that helps? I’d go large if I were you.

She likes it, running it 26″ wheels with 150mm pikes

chiefgrooveguru

Spitfire owner here – unless you’re long of leg and short of back and prefer less reach then I’d go for the large. Can’t really fault the Spitfire and I’ve ridden it a lot over the last three years.

The Rune is very similar, just 20mm more rear travel, takes up to 180mm forks (though most use 160mm like on the Spitfire), a bit stronger/stiffer/heavier (the weight difference is only 150g) and about a degree slacker up front (though I have a -2 deg headset in my Spifire).

If I rode rougher trails more often then I’d be very tempted with one and I’d size up to a late from my current medium for that use.

ahsat

5’9″ women on a medium Spitfire here. Large would have too much reach for me.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

my mate is 5’8″ and on a large spitfire
    my other mate is 6′ and on a large rune

It depends on how you like your bikes to fit

senorc
    Free Member

I had the same thoughts as yourself, so bought a rune and keept the fork and 26″ wheels (I got a good deal on a 2016 frame).

I’m 5.7″ and wasn’t sure about sizing so asked on the Banshee website. I got a really good response to go with a Medium and a short stem. Only had a couple rides, but feels perfect. So suggest asking on the website also.

Make sure you get the right drop outs, I had to get a conversion kit for my Hope Pro 2 Evo hub to switch from QR to X12. I probably would have got the QR dropouts but happy I made this mistake in the long run. Hope conversion was a breeze to do and dead cheap.

Good luck.

dingleberry
    Free Member

5’10” Spirfire owner on a large with a 35mm stem, fits great. Sat on a medium and it felt tiny!

elliott-20
    Free Member

I deliberated over this for a while too. And for exactly the same wheel reasons as you I chose the Rune over the rest. At 5′ 10″ (and a bit) with a 32″ leg I went for a large with 50mm stem. So much more comfortable than my medium 5 spot. I feel like I sit ‘in’ the bike more rather than on it.

Current set up is with 26″ wheels, 160 Lyriks (which I’m selling on soon), 750 bars, 50mm stem and on the slackest setting.

Very stable, very fast, climbs way better than I thought but I do end up pedal striking more than I did.

garth
    Free Member

Love my rune!

5’10” and on a Large… Perfect for me.

robowns
    Free Member

A touch over 5’10” on a large “2017” spitfire. Fits great, medium would be too small.

kwack
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses. Reckon large is the way to go

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Banshee rune … Thoughts and sizing’ is closed to new replies.