Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Banshee Rune size advise
  • ssparks77
    Free Member

Torn between a medium or large Rune. I’ve demoed a medium which felt great but not too dissimilar from my current bike which is a little small for me – can’t get my hands on a large to try. I want a playful bike more than a straight line ripper so am vearing towards a medium, just want a bit of advise before pulling the trigger
    I’m 5’9″/176cm, old Banshee website puts me firmly in the medium range, anyone had the same predicament?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2015 rune, if it’s a 2016 your buying then I think it’s slightly longer? I’ve got a large,
    I’m 5.10 with a 50mm stem and 800 bars and it feels small size wise but a perfect fit, would definitely not consider a medium.
    Amazing bike, first bike I’ve ever had that I have zero interest in looking at any other bikes!

ssparks77
    Free Member

I’m looking at the 2017 frame, which I’m pretty sure is the same as 2016. Could always go large and put a 30mm stem on, just nervous about spending all that dough on something I’ve not ridden. Don’t want to be stuck with a bike that is perfect for the few Wales and Europe trips that I do per year, but too big/long for 90% of the local riding each week!

teethgrinder

Now that I have 2 finance payments left on my Spitfire I keep looking at the 2017 Rune…

ssparks77
    Free Member

what size spitfire you riding and how tall are you?

teethgrinder

Was 2015 large, went back to Ison under warranty as back end misaligned and they offered a 2016 large, but that was larger than a 2015 large, so I went medium. Just outside the range recommended by Banshee.

5’9″ ish.

The Spitfire is longer but not as slack as the Rune.

ssparks77
    Free Member

sounds like a medium would be best choice then, spitfire and rune have nearlt the same reach according to banshee website, with the spitty being a gnats cock longer

teethgrinder

I run 26″ as well, mind.

philfive
    Free Member

I have a medium and I wish I had got a large, I’m 5ft 8

ssparks77
    Free Member

well that’s me back to square one!!!
    Any Banshee Rune owners in the Surrey hills with a large i could try for size?? Bit desperate I know

ssparks77
    Free Member

Philfive, what’s your reasoning for wanting a large?

philfive
    Free Member

I think I’m pushed forwards when it gets steep,

ahsat

5’9″ (women, so slightly shorter reach possibly as 32″ inside leg) on a medium v2 Spitfire. Large would be far too long for me.

chiefgrooveguru

5’10.5″ on a medium Spitfire with a 50mm stem. I’d be surprised if you need a large.

I know there’s quite a trend for running very short stems, they’re not so popular amongst the quickest racers – I think once you go below 50mm you can run into a situation where the hands end up level with or behind the steerer tube, so effectively zero stem length and that means you get no stabilising effect from weighting the bars. There’s some interesting setup articles about Voullioz and Ritchie Rude’s enduro bikes that cover this.

The Banshees all feel shorter when sitting because the seat angles are steep but that makes them good at going uphill.

Philfive, normally a bike that’s too small will mean you end up going further off the back on steep descents, it’s on oversized bikes that you’ll end up stuck too far forwards.

ssparks77
    Free Member

Thanks for the input CGG. I’ve been looking at Evil insurgent geo as had a quick pedal on pals large one yesterday, it’s very similar to large Rune. I could have made it fit by running 30mm stem, but to be honest, would probably be a bit big for me for the majority of the riding it do.
    Medium it is!!

Thanks all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Rune size advise’ is closed to new replies.