Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Banshee Rune
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone liking theirs? Do they go uphill? What’s climbing traction like? Is the frame on the heavy side?

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I love mine! Really would rate it as a one-bike-for-everything.

Yeah it pedals surprisingly well. I did the Dyfi Enduro on mine this year, it was fine 🙂 Seat angle is quite steep and suspension design is good so very little pedal bob and climbing traction is good, and I’ve got the CCDBA on mine so no lockout etc.

Frame is fairly heavy. I didn’t actually properly weigh it but read somewhere its ~8.5lbs with the CCDBA. But my build overall is only 31lbs, which is fine by me.

It goes downhill like a very fast thing too.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ll let you know when I get mine! Should be picking it up sometime next week; it arrived at Ison yesterday so I’m waiting for it to get to the shop.

I test rode it last week and loved; it does go uphill even in the slackest setting although you won’t be winning any KOM’s on it but as soon as you point it downhill it flies. It’s a really confidence inspiring bike to ride and the KS link seems pretty good. I’ve gone for a CCDBa because I didn’t like the Fox CTD shock. They’re no feather weight but they ride quite light if that makes sense?

poonprice
    Free Member

Hey mindmap3, great to hear you went for it! What spec are you going for the rest of it?

I using my time out of action to decide whether to go for it!

legend
    Free Member

Definitely a winch n plummet bike. One of my mates has had one for 6 weeks or so now, definitely a nice bike (his bar/stem setup is always too nasty for me to judge properly) but certainly on the heft side. Getting one to 31lbs must be quite a build. My Five is just shy of that, but the Rune is considerably heavier despite having an air 36 (as opposed to my coil)

My pick would be the Spitfire, looks like it would be more fun more of the time.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Had mine for 3yrs or so now. Best do it all bike I’ve had, don’t feel the need to replace it any time soon. Lyriks up front.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hi Poon, it’ll be built up with the stuff from my SX,which is:

36 Van RC2’s
    Hope headset
    Thomson X4 stem
    Answer Pro Taper 780 DH bars
    Renthal grips
    Reverb
    Charge Knife
    X9 rear mech
    X9 shifter
    SLX cassette
    E13 LG1 trail chain device
    XT 785 brakes
    RF Atlas cranks
    Hope 34t chain ring
    Superstar Nano pedals
    Easton Havoc wheels with Hans Dampf tyres

Guessing that it will be about the same wright as my SX at 32lbs give or take.

legend
    Free Member

Shinythings – Member
    Had mine for 3yrs or so now. Best do it all bike I’ve had, don’t feel the need to replace it any time soon. Lyriks up front.

Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones! The V2 is quite different, including ditching the bushes for bearings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Rune’ is closed to new replies.