Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Banned words
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Local Government Association “Banned words”

Any other words, phrases, abbreviations you’d like to see banned.

I’ll start;

MTFU
    Credit Crunch
    “It’s political correctness gawn mad”

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

jon1973

Any other words, phrases, abbreviations you’d like to see banned.

“Banned words”

BigDummy
    Free Member

I know what Predictors of Beaconicity means, sort-of, but I agree with the idea of banning it’s use.

Can we jettison all non-ironic uses of:

Rad
    Gnarl
    Sick
    Steed
    Iron
    Whip
    Dude

🙂

miketually
    Free Member

I can’t see a problem with some of those banned words.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Fat

to be freplaced by the description of neutritional overachever

the description “ugly cow”

to be replaced with looking very bovine

footstomper
    Free Member

Work = Can I have a rise
    Home = Can i have a sh-g

davidrussell
    Free Member

synergy. hate that f**kin word. lets explore synergies. lets not, ok?

sorry.

mogrim

What’s wrong with “benchmarking” and “network model”?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I see Consensual Cross-fertilisation is no longer allowed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not an individual word but a department, specificly out HSE department.

I work for an engineering company, I have two braincells to knock together, I do not need a spam e-mail form HSE explaining in great detail how I should walk up and down stairs!

Also could IT please stop reminding us by e-mail about how we should all be conssidderate users of the e-mail system and not clog everyones inbox’s with useless tat.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Consensual Cross-fertilisation– is this dogging by another name?

And i hate “value added”

richc
    Free Member

ginger, actually lets not just ban the word but ginger people in general.

AndyP
    Free Member

MTFU
    Credit Crunch

No, we need those 2 phrases. The use of them is a way of filtering out ****.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

cucumber

aP
    Free Member

Taxonomy! but that’s an embedded contextual paradigm.

Cheque please!

Reminds me when I had a argument with the Chief Exec of a fairly large Metropolitan BC over the use of the word “disabled” and she was most annoyed when I retorted “but that’s just semantics”.

How on earth can they ban Vision, Strategic, Scoping, Procurement, and Governance?

richc
    Free Member

best corporate bullshit I’ve heard in a while is ‘best shoring’ instead of ‘outsourcing’ as apparently that has negative quality/morale implications now.

sc-xc

Someone said the word ‘solutionisation’ in a recent meeting. That, along with ‘ramping up’, ‘roadmap’ and ‘going forwards’ particularly annoy me…but not quite as much as the infiltration of ‘in terms of’. Listen to any interview…attend any meeting…it’s all you hear. Meaningless shite.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m with Alexei Sayle on this one; anyone who uses the word ‘workshop’ outside the context of light engineering deserves to die.

richcc
    Free Member

Just looked down the list of banned words from the Local Govt Association. Half are clearly crap, half are useful and all of them form my day to day working life.

Whoever it was at the Local Govt Association that decided to compile and publish the list, hence making it a news story needs a good kick in the c*nt

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They were probably worried for their job and need to find something to do to justify their existence

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think the list was one of the internet emails that list stuff that is never quite as funny as you hoped. Someone thought it would be funny to cut and paste it into an official email and see if anyone would notice.

I once replaced a ‘motivational’ poster with with a ‘demotivational’ one and it was still on the wall and no-one had noticed 6 months later. I pointed it out to one of the secretaries and asked if it was ‘official’. As this was the secretary who originally put up the posters she stated it was and we should consider it carefully.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/demotivators_2045_258559

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Banned words’ is closed to new replies.