Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Banksy's heart ballon
  • iolo
    Free Member

I know it’s for a really good cause but I just wish it would have been some other wealthy person instead of that sanctimonious pillock who bought it to make him look like he was saving the world.

Jamie
    Free Member

People really love a good moan.

iolo
    Free Member

Ain’t that the truth

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

And to add your pain gwyny probably paid him fully back for his good deed when they got home 🙄

wwaswas

and as it’s in America 100% of the amount that goes to charity can be taken straight off any tax that the donor owes.

so it doesn’t really cost them any of their own money, just reduces their tax bill by the amount spent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d rather a good old fashioned dictator or banker had got it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

‘…an original on wood that sold at Sean Penn’s Help Haiti Home Gala in Beverly Hills. Bought by Chris Martin from Coldplay….’

Now that’s an event I’m glad I missed!

MSP

and as it’s in America 100% of the amount that goes to charity can be taken straight off any tax that the donor owes.

That can’t be right, it can only be taxable income that is reduced by the amount given to charity.

wwaswas

just checked and you’re right, it’s a taken off gross earnings, not tax.

iolo
    Free Member

But surely he has an asset from the purchase of this picture and as such it was not a donation to charity.
    It will be the Sean Penn Help Haiti gala that gives the money.
    Or am I wrong?

maccruiskeen

But surely he has an asset from the purchase of this picture and as such it was not a donation to charity.

Its not the buyer who is making the donation its the seller – in this case its Banksy that has made the donation and the charity has swapped that donated asset for cash. Purchasing an artwork can still be tax deductible though.

CountZero

mikewsmith – Member
    I’d rather a good old fashioned dictator or banker had got it.

Deary, deary me 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sorry CZ forgot my irony smiley !!!! 😉 😆 !!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Banksy's heart ballon’ is closed to new replies.