• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Banks, can we return to the good old days.
  • kevonakona
    Free Member

Honestly it was better when they had all the money and didn't really "care" about me the customer. Now i can't do a simple thing without having to hear what a great deal i can get on a mortgage, or how spending more on a "gold" account could save me money.
    Todays was a "what do you do about…." question which i stupidly answered to be told i was wrong. Erm how could i be wrong? That's what i do and that's what you asked me. And no i don't want to transfer money to an account that already has plenty in it.

Grrrrr

Stoner
    Free Member

Indian Call Centres.
    Oh joys.

Actually I PAY my bank so as I dont have to speak to an Indian Call Centre…except for arranging mortgages…grrrr.

bigsi
    Free Member

Actually I PAY my bank so as I dont have to speak to an Indian Call Centre…except for arranging mortgages…grrrr.

So why not let someone else do that part of it, find a good advisor and let them deal with the call centres for you 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

missed that.
    Leon got in touch cheers.
    🙂

G
    Free Member

My all time favourite was when I lost my job in 1999, I cashed in all my savings and found I had enough to pay off my mortgage. That profoundly changed the picture for me, so off I went to the Bank/Building thingy, and announced my intention only to be met with the following :-

1) A Fixed rate mortgage of Approx £400 per month with the fixed rate term due to end in under 2 months, they wanted me to pay a penalty of £1200 to finish early…. Absolutely would not budge on it, so I simply defaulted on the last two payments.
    2) I was also at the same time told that I would have to see a debt counciller…. Because I wanted to pay off my mortgage??? Which I ultimately did in cash just to make the point

WTF ???

Suffice to say I received compensation in the end, but who the **** do these people think they are treating their customers like that???

The bank/BS in question is part of the highly successful and well run organisation whose intitals are HBOS.

Utter twunts in my experience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Banks, can we return to the good old days.’ is closed to new replies.