Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Banker spending his bonuses on Grand Designs
  • postierich
    Free Member

Bet these two are getting right up peoples noses.

The Pink fluro safety jacket takes the piss.

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve a lot more respect for those on GD that put something together with their own hands. not those that throw stupid amounts of money at their (bank managers/mortgage company’s) ‘baby’.

those types piss me off really. more money than sense. i felt a great sense of schadenfreude with one show where the woman went crazy, stretching herself to the limit and then lost, or almost lost the whole thing.

spooky_b329

Its not really a grand design when they have architects and a team of builders 🙁

conkerman
    Free Member

The Italian cookery school one was pretty good. they did it themselves with not a huge amount of cashola.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

It will all go wrong when he comes out the closet

WTF
    Free Member

Wat ! no baby.

Harry_the_Spider

Ghey? Who?

Uncle Kev is married with 4 kids.

I quite like last night’s. At least she got involved.

———————–

EDIT ah, you mean the pink shirted Welsh bloke. I thought he was just a bit errr…. Welsh. It’ll all go wrong when we doesn’t get his bonus and they have to sell it more like.

Harryburgundy
    Free Member

I agree Harry…..she got stuck in and did an excellent job. Beautiful house and the end of the day….yes they clearly had a bucket load of cash…but hey…fair play.
    And was I jealous….you bet

oldgit
    Free Member

That was/is my least favourite build ever. To me it looks like a mix of portakabins leant against the old tower. Hideous. Also have a bit of an issue with ‘instant’ interiors.

Another thing, a bit remote for the kid was’nt it? Did no one else think the ‘Shining’ when he was pootling around all alone on his trike.

acjim
    Free Member

Agreed, dull design and shocking kitchen / dining area – that table minged!

nickc

that table minged!

People have different tastes…shocker 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Who saw the house built in the middle of a wood by the chap who looked after the wood/made charcoal for a living?
    Utterly brilliant. I don’t think he used ANY new materials (apart from glass I guess). House and roof made from local timber he cut and shaped himslef, old wood burning range for heat/cooking, old bath. All the ‘builders’ where friends/volonteers.
    The guy had effectively lived in a tent/tree for 5 years or something before the council finally gave planning for his house – although when he leaves it has to be pulled down!
    Best GD I’ve seen – could watch it over and over. Although the ones where it all goes wrong are also great to watch 😈

djglover
    Free Member

Looked like he’d put 3 portacabins up against a nice old folly. Rubbish

Not fair to judge him for spending his money though, people that do are just come across as bitter bastards

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

I was surprised he got planning permission for that considering it was a listed building

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sometimes you get annoying folk on Grand Designs, last night was a classic case. The wife became ‘project manager’, amazing how her matching pink high-viz vest and hard hat stayed so clean when she was ‘grafting’ away. I was really, really surprised that she didn’t get pregnant half way through the build – they usually do. Wierd place to bring up a kid but I suppose they might have lots of cousins etc in the area. The house looked good inside but a bit of a cliche. But each to their own.

Looked a bit National Trust castle and modern visitor centre to me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“I suppose they might have lots of cousins etc in the area”

that only happens in the valleys

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Banker spending his bonuses on Grand Designs’ is closed to new replies.