Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bank paid recipient twice from my account. what next?
  • scandalous
    Free Member

Stupid lloyds. Third cock up this week. Now they paid out twice to a recipient. £900 down!

They say they will reimburse me but what happens next?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Mantastic
    Free Member

What happens next? They will send the money back and cover any costs incurred I.e. fines for overdraft use etc.

Or am I missing something, are you after “compensation” for your trauma, oh how I love the compensation culture.

scandalous
    Free Member

Trauma?! Rage more like!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They will give you the money back. You will need to be outraged by something else.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Shit happens, move on and use your energies on something more fun.

rewski
    Free Member

My wife was paid her redundancy twice, over 30k! Took the company over a year to notice, as above shite happens, money is their property they got it back 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Odd that they noticed before your wife did.

😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They will post about how someone messed up and claimed they had screwed up on bankingtrackworld and wait for moral support.

The sun just went down here so I assume the world is still turning.

maccruiskeen

My wife was paid her redundancy twice, over 30k! Took the company over a year to notice, as above shite happens, money is their property they got it back

Unfortunately, although theres nothing wrong with having money mistakenly paid into your account and just sitting there the moment you move/withdraw/spend it your committing an offence. Despite ‘Bank makes a an error in your favour’ being good news when you’re play Monopoly.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You have a number of choices, including
    a – take it up with the bank who’ll do something about it
    b – take it with a mountain biking forum on the Internet who won’t
    c – write an outraged letter to the daily mail blaming it on the Immigrants

My advice would be take the offer of the next ex-Nigerian president who comes your way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bank paid recipient twice from my account. what next?’ is closed to new replies.