Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Bank of Scotland £1 a day deranged over draft fee.Heartless greedy thieving scum
  • kaesae
    Free Member

In December this year the bank of Scotland in my opinion one of the worst, most inconsiderate and greedy banking institutes in this country, raised their arranged over draft fees to a whopping £1 per day you use the service. That’s a 300% increase in costs that will affect the poorest and most vulnerable in society.

These utter bankers and the rest of their kind have collapsed the entire global economy because no one can trust them and yet they still have not learnt anything from this happening. How many old people have been left without money to pay for heating over the winter periods? How many young people have ended up homeless? How many couples have lost their homes and been put out on the streets with their kids in tow.

They are worthless incompetent thieving scum bags and have taken countless people to court over bank charges that are not even legal. They tie the court system up in red tape to cost us more money and even if we do win the court case, all we get is our money back and the interest on top!

Each time they have taken that money it has been a crime against the most vulnerable in society, each one of those charges has been illegal and has caused people hardship it has also led to them having a lower quality of life. How can these creatures steel billions, commit millions of individual crimes, acts of theft and fraud and yet face not one single criminal charge!

I believe the judicial system in this country is little more than a pantomime where over paid wig wearing cape fluttering fools lord it over everyone. News flash for the lawyers and judges no tights no super powers! You can ware all the wigs and capes you want! I think that if they‘re wearing props aka clothes that serve no specific purpose except make them look stupid and out of touch then the judicial system is put simply a pantomime!

What if and I would love to see this, everyone who is with the bank of Scotland wasn’t? Their deals are sh1t they rip everyone off that they can. We that is to say all those average people that use bank of Scotland, could simply go elsewhere and use another bank.

We could teach them a lesson but more importantly destroy the hold they have over countless millions of people. Tomorrow Monday the 28th I will be looking for a new bank Natwest and the Royal bank of Scotland have both cut their interest rates, to help people out in this recession that is so hard for all of us.

Bank of Scotland are scum, stay with them and you support them in their thievery. Sooner or later it will be your turn again to get ripped off. You have it in your power to stop them in their tracks but more importantly you have it in your power to send a message to the banking industry and rich and powerful in general.

We are only week and powerless as long as we are divided!

One person can be ignored a nation united in hardship and suffering but also rage, cannot!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Tomorrow Monday the 28th

Sums up the whole post really…

falkirk-mark

Thats how he's overdrawn, he's a day oot

Jenga
    Free Member

Could someone please paraphrase that into an intelligble read?

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

True they do charge a quid per day if overdrawn which is 30 quid per ave month , but there are no other charges so if you usually gather charges like sh"t does flies then being with this bank may save you hundreds per month – it just depends what sort of saver/spender you are.
    personally i closed my account and moved else where as it would have been the wrong type of account for me.

DickBarton

I couldn't be bother with the hassle of changes all my bills…so I stayed BUT I'm in a very small minority – I never went into my overdraft. Then family arrived and for 6 months I went into my overdraft by up to £80 (with about a week to go each time before payday) – I think my largest debit for that was about 88p – BoS didn't see how this new change wouldn't benefit me as it meant I'd never get charges – I never got charges before, never had a bounced cheque, missed DD or Standing Order…they just couldn't see it.

Anyway, I'm now not in my overdraft each month and I'm getting an extra fiver from them…but when I can get my lazy backside into gear I'll be moving…16 years custom but they don't seem that keen on keeping it…

falkirk-mark

Try the Royal bank, they get bailed out by taxpayers. Then they informed my mrs that as we had a bit of cash in the current account we could get an appointment with one of their financial advisors.So where the f"$% were they in the months before the bank went t!ts up (obviously nowhere near the boardroom).

djglover
    Free Member

should have paid of the overdraft?

knott4me
    Free Member

its there money?

bruneep

its there money?

😕

druidh
    Free Member

All that and no mention of any animals?

naokfreek
    Free Member

It's over there can you see?

cranberry
    Free Member

In summary:

if you spend money that you haven't got you have to pay for it.

And Stuff.

franksinatra

Kaesae said

thieving scum

oh how I laughed…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hmmm you borrow money that isn't yours. They charge you for it. Theiving scum? Some odd thought processes here. Ah well

Xan
    Free Member

If you don't want to pay for it don't use it easy!!!

P.s. Not all "Bankers" are thieving scum!! 90% of the staff in banks are normal people like you and I (oh yeah thats right, I work for a bank, this is the kind of post that leads to bank workers getting assaulted and verbally abused.

Each time they have taken that money it has been a crime against the most vulnerable in society, each one of those charges has been illegal and has caused people hardship it has also led to them having a lower quality of life. How can these creatures steel billions, commit millions of individual crimes, acts of theft and fraud and yet face not one single criminal charge!

This is the biggest amount of guff I have ever heard. You signed the T's and C's. If you don't like it go to another bank, there are plenty of them out there!!

Rant over!!

*EDIT* Damn I've gave in to the troll. For those who dont know Kaesae is a loser and a troll. See below

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-service-a-kona-frame-and-how-long-should-it-take

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whats-this-joker-on-about/page/11

Need I say more!!!

Northwind

"That’s a 300% increase in costs that will affect the poorest and most vulnerable in society. "

What total, total ****. Go on, substantiate that number. I dares you.

bedmaker

druidh
    Free Member

Bedmaker – you forgot these..

naokfreek
    Free Member

MMmmmmmm…..nuts.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I would say £1 a day is quite reasonable given that it's normally only a few days at the end of the month when you need these things. It's a problem if you're living in your overdraft in which case imo the fee is the least of your worries.

grahamh
    Free Member

£1 a day seems good value.
    I had a account with 'Alicance and Leicester', they charged me £10
    for being overdrawn for all of 1 second.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

"greedy thieving scum"? are you not the guy on here who was outed as knowingly selling stolen bikes and/or stealing them?

Ti29er
    Free Member

After being charged £20 for a £10 overdraft, 30-year-old Michael Howard of Leeds changed his name by deed poll to “Yorkshire Bank PLC Are Fascist Bastards”. The bank has now asked him to close his account, and Mr. Bastards has asked them to repay the 69p balance, by cheque, made out in his new name. (The Guardian)

poppa
    Free Member

Ha, that's nothing, I went £26 overdrawn last Thursday by accident, and now i'm being charged £75!!!!

Doing all I can to see if I can dispute it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Me: "You charged me a fee for paying a DD that took me over my OD limit"
    A&L: "Yes sir"
    Me: "Could I therefore ask that you don't pay anything that will take me over my OD limit"
    A&L: "Oh we can't do that sir. Our systems won't let us do that."

**** your systems.
    So thanks to egg ****ing up I have to pay £35 through no fault of my own.

For us feckless people who live near the OD limit, you can't even avoid the charges if you ask nicely!

poppa
    Free Member

P.S According to moneysavingexpert.com the cost of sending out the computer generated 'overdrawn' letter is <£5. The banks don't charge you fees to cover their costs, they charge you fees to make money out of you. Simple.

GrahamS

The banks don't charge you fees to cover their costs, they charge you fees to make money out of you.

Charging money to provide a money lending service? The bastards!

poppa
    Free Member

£75 to borrow £26 for four days? Whilst I have a significant amount of my money in their posession in a different account? 🙄

I wouldn't want to do business with you Graham…

poppa
    Free Member

P.P.S If you added that up over a year (minus the one-off admin fee of £15) it would be equivalent to being charged more than 20,957% interest!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Then get better organisational skills poppa 😉 IF you have plenty of cash in another account, just put a buffer level in your current account to make sure it never drops below. Simples.

Dougal
    Free Member

Time to get a blog?

BigJohn

One person can be ignored

But what would be the fun in that?

GrahamS

I didn't say it was a fair price, you chose that bank not me, other accounts and banks are available.
    But you can't really complain that they are trying to "make money out of you". Of course they are, it's a business not a free public utility.

And if you have "a significant amount" else where then why didn't you transfer it and protect your overdraft?

poppa
    Free Member

Because sometimes people make mistakes…

jon1973
    Free Member

£1 a day seems good value.
    I had a account with 'Alicance and Leicester', they charged me £10
    for being overdrawn for all of 1 second.

You got charged £10 for an authorised overdraft?

aP
    Free Member

Since I finished my post grad in 93 I've not had an overdraft – what am I doing wrong?

jon1973
    Free Member

what am I doing wrong?

Going by your superiour tone, you're failing to appreciate that some people find it difficult to make ends meet.

Olly
    Free Member

me too aP.

sure its a pain in the back botty when you go into the red, and as occasionaly i end up mucking up my timings between payday and bike bling purchasing, i will try and blag any charges back, but if your not keeping to the T&C you signed up for then thats your own lookout surely?

as for the "admin charges for letting you know"

sure, admin charges for letting you know, can be claimed back as they dont cost squat anymore.
    so all they do is change the T&C to reflect: "its not an admin fee anymore, its interest on the money youve borrowed without permission, and we set it at a MILLION percent a day, like it or lump it"

DickBarton

I'm the same as aP – well I was up until about 10 months ago but have been back to that for the last 3…never needed my overdraft up until then and then it was family emergencies but they are now sorted…I don't have an issue with them charging the £1 a day, my issue was the way it was being done – I was told it was a benefit to me as it meant I'd have no charges for failing to cover a DD or Standing Order – but I've never missed one of either so I've never had bank charges incurred. When I did need to use the overdraft my fee was less than £1 for the fortnight I was in it, so again, the 'benefits' were non-existant to me…the way it was being 'sold' to me was that I was going to benefit from this when in actual fact I wasn't going to (that was assuming I kept going into my overdraft).

For those who constantly live in their overdraft then a bit of study on spending habits and lifestyle expenses needs to be looked at – savings can be made and should be as the overdraft isn't an extension of personal wealth. Had a few mates who were constantly living in it and were getting deeper in debt…still not fixed but they won't take advice – they need to buy the best of everything (and in most cases multiple versions of things) – really not sure why…but such is life…takes all sorts and all that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Bank of Scotland £1 a day deranged over draft fee.Heartless greedy thieving scum’ is closed to new replies.