Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bank is driving me insane, can someone help please?
  • Highland28
    Free Member

I have an ISA Direct Saver account with the Bank of Scotland and am trying to transfer money to my savings account with RBS. However online it is only allowing me to send money to my other bank of scotland account which is no good, it would be just as un-accessible as the one it is currently in. DOes anyone know of anyway I can send the money to my account with RBS?
    Your help is much appreciated.

winstonsmith

surely the bank of scotland can give better advice than people on here? do you not know their phone number?

Highland28
    Free Member

I have been on the phone to them several times over the last week and trust me it is getting to me, will give them another ring though :/

You will have to set it up as a payment, rather than a direct transfer.

i.e. with my Nat West online banking, I can transfer money between 3 NW accounts at the click of a button, as they are all on screen together.

However to transfer to any other account it has to be set up as a payee, with acc no / sort code etc – I would imagine this will be the case – it being in your name is irrelevant as RBS and BOS are two different banks aren’t they?

Highland28
    Free Member

Yeh i went through the demo and that is what it said, but i don’t have that button. Called them up to find that I have to do it over the phone, but first have to get my security questions unblocked after last weeks conundrum. It is an account I rarely look at so until the end of last week I didn’t even know how much was in it, consequently failing my security question. Have found out a good bit more now though, so should get it sorted tomorrow.
    I have feeling this was more of a thread for me to let off some steam 😀

Cheers

ComradeD
    Free Member

You can’t do external transfers online from a Isa Saver Direct, it has to be done over the telephone. If you’ve failed security already on the phone then you will have to go to branch to get it reset.

Highland28
    Free Member

Yeh, I think I have sorted out tomorrow afternoons job anyway.

Northwind

The BOS ISA isn’t too great at the best of times but the rates tend to plummet once it’s been open for a while too… Worth checking, if it’s not getting a decent rate get it shifted.

You’re supposed to be able to manage the account by internet banking, but, to do an external transfer you’d need to shift the money first into a current account then send it out from there. The current account should have the extra option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bank is driving me insane, can someone help please?’ is closed to new replies.