Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bank accounts
  • ben10
    Free Member

Witch one do you have and wicth one is best joint or separate bank accounts with my wife

ross980
    Free Member

Me and my wife have separate accounts where our wages get paid. We have a joint account which we both have standing orders in to. The joint account covers all bills, mortgage, food etc. We earn different amounts and our circumstances change so we adjust the proportion we pay in accordingly. The money in our own accounts is our own to do with what we please.

I really don’t understand couples only having one account. Mate of mine does, and if his wife buys something he gets resentful and wants to buy something for himself, almost retaliatory. Crazy I’d you ask me…

boxfish
    Free Member

^ what he said

Alphabet

^^ +1

m0rk
    Free Member

I have a joint account with my wife. Have done for about seven years.

I guess it’s different as I’m the sole earner, so one of us would go hungry

As long as I can pretty much always buy what I want, when I want & get kept in bikes then I’m happy

tinribz
    Free Member

Separate, you pay those bills I’ll these.

Joint accounts are a dangerous game.

richmars

Both wages into a joint account, which pays all bills, and pays a monthly allowance into separate accounts for individual stuff.

joepose
    Free Member

Always had a joint account, all our monies get paid into it.
    Trust the missus 100% in fact i have a hard time getting her to spend on herself. Likewise I dont take the piss.
    We dont ask what things cost when we do bring new things home so long as we are happy, just work together on makin sure the accounts in the black if things get tight.

matt_outandabout

Current ccount, and savings for a few pots (like car maintenance) here. All joint, none of this ‘allowance’ daftness, we spend what we spend and both stay sane.
    Been with Smile for years, excellent service and would not move for a better rate etc, knowing how they dealt with us a few years back as a business ended and no income for a few months…

kjcc25
    Free Member

Separate accounts, share the bills. No problems yet after nearly 40 years.

sharki
    Free Member

Don’t have one. 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Lots of accounts, La Poste (practical but shapeless), LCL (expensive but very professional) and Alliance (German reliability). Joint and separate. Married people who insist on separate accounts obviously didn’t read the small print when they said “yes”.

BoardinBob

Both wages into a joint account, which pays all bills, and pays a monthly allowance into separate accounts for individual stuff.

+1

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Me and the late Mrs sog had our own accounts, but both were joint. We divvied up DDs between them according to who was earning what. It worked.

iain65
    Free Member

25 years now of a joint account that we pay a proportional amount into depending on income at the time. This pays all aspects of bills and mortgage and leaves our own money to ourselves, no guilt, no grief and all fair – it’s seen me thru many years of spending too much on racing cars and bikes…… And kept us happy because our own money is our own to do with what we want to.

Good luck with whatever you decide,
    Iain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bank accounts’ is closed to new replies.