Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Banging house and gmail spam – is it just me??
  • munkster
    Free Member

Question 1
    Is anyone else in London finding that if they have their car radio “traffic alerts” enabled it flicks to some dodgy house music radio station? No?? Just me?? Back to Halfrauds with warranty receipt I go then!

Question 2
    Is anyone else finding they’re getting more gmail spam of late (ie. 10-20 per day as opposed to “none”)? No?? Just me??

Not that I’m paranoid or anything… 😯

dooosuk
    Free Member

Question 2 – I’m getting maybe 2 spams a month compared to none…I can live with that 8)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Q2, yes I’m getting a lot more..

None of it is getting through, but I’m getting lots more..

miketually
    Free Member

My 30 day total on gmail always used to sit at around 700. Sometime last year they took down a spam server in the states and it halved. Currently it’s on 1170.

None ever makes it as far as my inbox though, so I don’t really care.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just checked, I guess I get about 20 a day. Dunno if that’s good or bad. Don’t really care as long as the spam filter keeps working 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Q1 – No. Never use the traffic alerts, as it interrupts whatever else I’m listening to. There has, however, been a rise in pirate radio stations of late, many of which are giving big shout outs to there homeboys across FM frequencies. These can interfer with a car’s FM reception.

munkster
    Free Member

Interesting, cheers all. I do get a lot of spam but the filter is normally superb, it’s 10-20 that aren’t getting filtered and getting into my inbox, ho hum…

Q1 – No. Never use the traffic alerts, as it interrupts whatever else I’m listening to.

Ummm, isn’t that the point like?? :mrgreen:

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve been gobsmacked with how well Gmail filters spam. I get pretty much none 😀 (cue a torrent of spam this aftenoon!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Q1 – No. Never use the traffic alerts, as it interrupts whatever else I’m listening to.

Ummm, isn’t that the point like??

Why would I want to have Elgar interrupted by some estuary accented media studies muppet to tell me that a road on the other side of town has a bit of traffic on it?

Besides, I only drive out of town, not in town, and there’s little trouble in getting out to the west.

munkster
    Free Member

Of course I would hate to have Elgar interrupted too, and in truth I rarely use the function in town myself. I was mainly wondering whether this new car stereo (which is less than 6 months old IIRC) is borked or not… Or indeed whether some pirate radio station HAD managed to hiijack the traffic alerts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Banging house and gmail spam – is it just me??’ is closed to new replies.