Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bang goes the geocache
  • aracer
    Free Member

Don’t know if we’ve already done this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14039229

What I want to know is what the police cautioned the geocacher for, and why on earth did he accept it?

Drac

Maybe I missed it but where did it say he was cautioned?

aracer
    Free Member

Down the bottom of the article:
    “it left traders in a busy town out of pocket and the last geocacher to find the box outside Karen’s café with a police caution.”

CountZero

While I’m not really interested in geocaching, if I was, and found a box like that and inadvertently caused a fuss, I’d certainly apologise, but there’s no frackin’ way I’d accept a police caution for doing something that isn’t illegal, any more than I’d accept a caution for photographing a public building and somebody reporting it as being suspicious. Screw that.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly my thoughts, CZ (well except that I do have a vague interest in geocaching as something I’d like to try sometime, so potentially a real scenario for me).

big_n_daft
    Free Member

he should have asked for a lawyer, if he got one he should be complaining to the Law Commission.

but pretty stupid to be hiding boxes in a town centre with the current alert state

Kevevs
    Free Member

Littering.

zokes
    Free Member

the current alert state

I thought it had recently been lowerered, when they realised someone wasn’t actually going to nuke the UK from orbit within the next 48 hours.

Be afraid, be very afraid……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bang goes the geocache’ is closed to new replies.