Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Bands you’d really like to see reform
  • hora
    Free Member

Its probably safe to say a reformed band now would sound (and look) like a tribute act?

xherbivorex, Ive just unwrapped the Haloumi cheese that I bought you for your birthday

fubar
    Free Member

You’ve already got them listed, and agree on Talking Heads…really wish I’d been old enough and into them in the lates 70’s or early 80’s.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

‘RATM in small venues’- saw them at the underworld in ’92? (sat on stage as i had my leg tattooed that day and it was all swolen up) before killing in the name was out and the ULU just after. Before that saw them supporting suicidal tendencies at the town and country (now forum) when no one paid much attention to them.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Gene
    Jellyfish
    Echobelly

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

to see live again

leatherface
    kyuss
    quicksand
    shelter (are they still together?)
    midway still
    descendents (not sure of their current status)
    seaweed
    soundgarden
    fishbone
    mordred (funk metal still makes me smile)
    primus
    bad brains
    alloy
    disposable heroes of hiphoprisy (they were so good live!)

Bands i missed i’d like to see

Marillion
    sugarcubes
    refused

RustySpanner

Oooooh, this is a good thread!

Cast.
    The Beta Band.
    Here & Now (Steffi AND Dino on guitar).
    2nd Subhumans/Culture Shock/Citizen Fish.
    Hawkwind – ‘Quark, Strangeness and Charm’ line-up.
    Dust Junkys.
    The Mob/Blyth Power – ‘A Little touch of Harry in the night’ line-up.
    The Astronauts.
    Public Enemy.
    Jimmy Page & Roy Harper.
    Trouble Funk.
    And, of course, The Smiths.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

rusty trowel – Member
    to see live again

leatherface
    kyuss
    quicksand
    shelter (are they still together?)
    midway still
    descendents (not sure of their current status)
    seaweed
    soundgarden
    fishbone
    mordred (funk metal still makes me smile)
    primus
    bad brains
    alloy
    disposable heroes of hiphoprisy (they were so good live!)

Bands i missed i’d like to see

Marillion
    sugarcubes
    refused

shelter are long gone.
    cappo does spoken word stuff from time to time, and the occasional youth of today reunion if his bank balance is looking a bit bleak…
    i suspect we lived parallel lives, you and i.
    i saw (and liked) most of those bands. and i only ever knew about 3 other people that liked mordred!
    we were actually talking about “funk metal” last night (initiated by my mate trying to convince us to go see FNM, but without jim martin its not gonna be good enough for me) and discussing the merits. out of that entire genre, the one band i’d like to see again would be 24-7 spyz because they were absolutely mind blowing.
    well, and fishbone (from the truth and soul tour, which was when i thought they were at their absolute best).

oh, i saw refused a couple of times- once in a basement venue in indianapolis where 2 of them fainted mid-set because it was so hot and humid, then another time at the 1in12 club in bradford where they just looked mostly bored (and they split up soon after, i believe).

mike_check
    Free Member

Gotta agree on Jurassic 5 with Cut Chemist and Jawbreaker!

One that I would love to see reform though is Refused

DrJ

Robson and Jerome ??

jimster
    Free Member

RaglanSurf – Member
    Although Hackett wasn’t part of the line up I did see Gabriel appear with Genesis at the Six of the Best concert at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1982, and coincidentally Talk Talk were on the bill as well although they weren’t particularly well received by the impatient crowd. I seem to remember more than a few bottles flying in their direction.

IIRC Steve Hackett did appear for one number…..

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

xherbivorex, 247 spyz, oh i feel old because i know i have their albums on CASSETTE (couldn’t play vinyl in my XR2).

My kinda favourite funk metal band were Heads Up!, not sure why, but the times i saw them at the Marquee they were great.

Are you still going to shows? Most of these bands were in their prime at the turn of the 90s, so like me you must be pushing 40.

peajay

I would love to see New Order just one more time so that I could take my wife along to get her to appretiate the brilliance of them live! I live in hope.
    PJ.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Are you still going to shows? Most of these bands were in their prime at the turn of the 90s, so like me you must be pushing 40.

i sort of drifted away from the metal scene spending more time being in hardcore bands but yeah i still go to shows reasonably often. i’m actually still playing in bands too (i’ll be 41 in a couple of weeks)…

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I don’t want any band to reform. If they’ve split-up,they’ve had their day.

catshoe
    Free Member

there are many of course, but only one that I’d get on a plane to see one gig anywhere in the world. That would be Mazzy Star.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

hora

Do you know what Mein Teil is about? Bit shocking really.

Northwind

I’d love to see Pitchshifter reform, and show all these johnny come latelys how things are done 8)

Dust Junkies! :mrgreen: Good shout Rusty Spanner!

Stumpy01, did you see there’s an Almighty track on the Saw 5 soundtrack? How random is that?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thompson Twins
    ELO
    Cure
    Pretenders
    OMD
    XTC

One of the reasons I like to watch Ashes to Ashes as its great to relive some of the early 80’s stuff, and of course bolly knockers. 😀

shinsplints

god rusty trowel I can’t believe you mentioned midway still ! Used to play their stuff in my band at college !

mega city 4 (difficult as wiz is dead r.i.p)
    the wonderstuff (original line up with the bass thing r.i.p & martin gilks)
    P.W.E.I
    Kingmaker
    swervedriver

Can you tell i am a black country ex grebo LOL

(WOOOOO – neds atomic dustbin original line up are at the wulfrun hall in a coupld of weeks though !) 😀

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

The Stone Roses. Not only is my username reflective of what I look like after a mud splattered bike ride it is also an homage to the Roses ‘Going Down’… Yeah, she looks like a painting… Jackson Pollocks No5! Excellent back handed compliment!

Met Mani a couple of years back and had a beer with him. Top Bloke

Alcopop
    Free Member

Saw the reformed Vaselines lat week at Oran Mor they were fantastic
    Mollys lips & Jesus don’t want me for a sunbeam were outstanding
    but not all are good seen the reformed Fire Engines couple of years back
    totally crap dont know why they bothered …oh yes the cash

CountZero

Been interesting seeing the various suggestions. Talking Heads I would love to see again. While I agree in part with people who say once a band has split there’s no looking back, in a lot of cases bands split up due as much to overwhelming indifference on the part of the record company, often after a personnel change, and sometimes their music was at odds with the prevailing musical tastes. Many of the bands I mentioned never really had a chance to develop and prove what they could really do. Star 69 made one excellent album, and I saw them at Reading, but they went back to the US and just disappeared. The Julie Dolphin did some gigs as Tongue, when I saw them, but again after one really good album they went back to New Zealand and vanished. It the whole ‘unfinished business’ thing. Some bands should be prevented from reforming at all costs, at gunpoint, if nessessary!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Bands you’d really like to see reform’ is closed to new replies.