Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Bands who used to be good?…..
  • tazzymtb

Their recent stuff including & since American Idiot sounds like 40yr olds covering McFly or Busted.

they’ve always sounded like that?

tazzymtb

ENT- used to be a wonderful crusty grind..now sound like some death metal outfit…. 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

The music on American Idiot is better I think, the older albums were very samey, but it is in the back of my mind that they are deliberately singing to an audience of teenagers pretending to identify with them, when they are old enough to be their parents.

It seems to work though, fair play. And it might even be a good way of dispensing the wisdom of age 🙂

RustySpanner

The Manics always seem so overblown and overwrought, unintelligible lyrics, student-union level, agitprop posturing, and singing of the ‘shout the words to show emotion’ school, and lyrics that have too many words in a line so the singer has to practically gabble to cram them into time available. I mean, can anyone explain wtf ‘Motorcycle Emptiness’ actually means? Because its utterly incomprehensible to me!
    I suppose they’re popular with people who prefer ersatz emotion to the real thing…

Huge, huuuuuge Manics fan here:

I seem to like them for all the reasons you don’t 😀

Wonderful group – started off as a group of friends more in love with the idea of being in a band than the music itself, then reinvented themselves into one of our best ever live acts.

I started off laughing at them then ended up loving them.
    Some of the best gigs I’ve ever, ever seen.

What does ‘Motorcycle Emptiness’ mean?
    What a sad question.
    What do you want it to mean?
    Why does it have to mean anything?

I thought someone as sophisticated as yourself might have worked that one out. 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

Forgot about Green Day…that latest song Kill the DJ is a joke.

The Offspring fall I to the came category…they’re just too old now! Rancid used to be good too as did the Misfits.

I’m not sure Blink 182 were ever that good to start with.

DezB
    Free Member

The music on American Idiot is better I think

The music may be better, but the songs are nowhere near as good 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

Ditto Green Day

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Bands who used to be good?…..’ is closed to new replies.