Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Bands that you just don't get.
  • Northwind

Basically, I need an in… There’s loads of music I just don’t get, not that I dislike it but I just can’t grapple with. Then along comes a bit of music or understanding that opens the doors a bit. Doesn’t mean I end up liking everything but there’s a difference between not getting and not liking, I think I’ve got to get music before I can dislike it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

the Rolling Stones are overrated shows total ignorance of the ground breaking importance of what they did in the sixties.

Well, since I went on to suggest exactly that in the rest of my comment, I wouldn’t say I’m ignorant of it. I recognise that some things I don’t want to listen to are seminal, e.g. the Sex Pistols.

Still, I don’t like them.

slowoldman

Doesn’t mean I end up liking everything

Which applied to an individual band too. I’m sure even my favourites have put out stuff which is a bit, well, under-par. Yes even Zappa. Sorry Frank, there was that one thing, you know…

Northwind

I finally caved on what was always kind of a point of principle, and started deleting tracks on albums that I really don’t like. Tom Waits’s fault. For every great track there’s one that’s 10 minutes of him round the back of asda, shouting at the bins.

lemonysam
    Free Member

For every great track there’s one that’s 10 minutes of him round the back of asda, shouting at the bins.

I’d buy that!

Freester

For every great track there’s one that’s 10 minutes of him round the back of asda….snip

I’ve got a playlist called ‘Great Track Crap Album’!

slowoldman

I bet no-one shouts at bins like Tom Waits.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Quite a few for me (quite a few mentioned already)…

U2
    Coldplay
    Muse
    Foos (the first two albums are great as were a few singles after that but they’re heading for coffee table rock status)
    Chilli’s (I hate anything after Californication which had sone dud tracks on it)
    Bowie
    Kings of Leon
    Nirvana (Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains were so much better)

But then again a lot of people won’t get the attraction to some of the stuff I listen too which a housemate from uni referred to a death, death die music.

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Bands that you just don't get.’ is closed to new replies.