Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bandit rear brake cable routing?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Is it me or does the way the rear brake routing runs mean i have to run the rear brake on the right hand side of the bar?

Cheers

thorpie
    Free Member

Not at all, my rear brake lever is on the left of the bars as normal.

Trevor.

matther01
    Free Member

Trevor call me thick…but does your brake cable go around the headtube to the right and then cross over the top of the downtube and then go down the left hand side where the correct routing is?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tricky-dicky
    Free Member

No have you looked at the cable guide details on the webpage from the transition site?

thorpie
    Free Member

No, it doesn’t go round the head tube, just curves into the hose tab without any need to go round the head tube. No issues at all.

Trevor.

fudge9202
    Free Member

my rear brake cable goes to the right of the headtube and cross the down tube at the top and runs down the left side of the down tube and then continues to the rear caliper. Looks good to my untrained eye and functions perfectly

matther01
    Free Member

Tricky…according to the manual it shoud travel down the left side of the downtube and straight to the brake mount.

Ive always criss-crossed my brakes around the headtube…so going straight to the brake from the downtube just seems odd without passing the cable around the front of the bike.

Having looked at a few pics of the bandits it does appear a few folks are running their rear brakes on the right of their bars.

matther01
    Free Member

On another note, did anyone struggle with their BB installation? Right hand went in no issue…but the left just doesnt want to…some very thin slivers of metal appeared…so panicing im going to strip the threads!!

matther01
    Free Member

Trevor – very nice…starting to wish i had bought an orange or lemon one now instead of a stealth. Well manicured lawn too!

fudge9202
    Free Member

my bandit had same bb trouble don’t try and force just get it faced.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Maybe pics you see are for Euro spec versions with brakes on opp sides to UK? Mine below is std with rear brake on LHS and cable routing on downtube.

bandit cable run

My frame came with BB faced and dealer was quite pedantic that it should be done before fitting bb.

Make sure you put plenty of helitape on underside of downtube and around BB as cable rub has been quite vicious and paint seems quite thin. Wrap Driveside chainstay too to avoid loss of paint!

PS orange Peel is the only colour!

Richard

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers Tricky…got plenty of helitape and a csixx protector so fingers crossed the paint will last!

endurokid
    Free Member

Not a Bandit but the same routing is suggested on the Covert, I ignored the guide on the Tranisition website and ran my rear brake on the left as normal but with the hose routed to the left of the head tube, and the same for the shifter on the right, no issues with braking at all, plus, in my opinion, it seems to be a better way to route the cables, rear gear cable seems to be better routed too. Just get some decent tape for your head tube!!

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers eurokid…did think about doing the same as I have a 1×10 setup.

matther01
    Free Member

Oops…double post

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bandit rear brake cable routing?’ is closed to new replies.