Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)
  • BAN TRUMP FROM THE UK PETITION
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Never sure how much good these things actually manage to achieve…

But Trump is a laughable, dangerous nut job & since I’ll never get the chance to rip his atrocious syrup from his head, set light to it & dance on it…..I thought I’d sign this instead:

LINK

konabunny
    Free Member

Why, specifically?

jimjam
    Free Member

Trump would love that.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Incitement to racial hatred, behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace would probably do for starters.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I quote from The Times:

“A parliamentary petition calling on the government to ban Mr Trump from entering the UK under “hate speech” rules had reached more than 21,000 signatures last night.”

It appears to me that he’s as much a radical loon as any other hate preacher..

Quite exactly what under UK hate speech rules he’s done I’m not entirely sure – but under the grounds of good taste alone that man should not be allowed entry to the UK!

stewartc
    Free Member

Ban people for having different opinions, if he was a real threat to safety and lives yes, but people like him are better kept in the light where he can clearly be seen for what he is.

Mind you, people objected to Churchill for his Nazi scaremongering in the 30’s…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can we start a petition to ban petitions?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did you see the Sky interview with the lady Muslim SNP MP ? Firstly she was rightly critical of Trump, secondly she repeatedly refused ro respond to the question “should Trumps Scottish golf course planning application be rejected as a result of his statements” – see the SNP support that investment and don’t want to risk it.

The petition tries to make a point but is ultimately pointless. Just more PR for Trump.

shortcut

I am fascinated by this story and to be honest the Tyson Fury thing too.

All the people and press are publicly bullying these guys for expressing an opinion. Yet those who are doing the bullying are preaching a message of tolerance whilst being intolerant of people expressing an opinion different to theirs.

More over those that are being critical appear to be preaching hatred toward Trump and Fury.

Just an observation and I don’t expect to be bullied for it. I have simply made and observation and not expressed and opinion on who is right or wrong.

Ironic huh.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

These are the words of the petition:

“The signatories believe Donald J Trump should be banned from UK entry for his continued, unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behaviour. His unacceptable behaviour is well documented, and we feel it foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the UK.

The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.”

LINK

loum
    Free Member

Would be funny if the US follows suit and bans the signatories . 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ironic huh.

The World is full of it…

nickjb
    Free Member

Ironic huh.

Not really. Just a misuse or misunderstanding of freedom of speech

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Just a misuse or misunderstanding of freedom of speech

By who & in what context?

Certain hate preachers have been banned from the UK before on similar grounds as have others. There’s common ground here with Trump – as much as I dislike the idea of clamping down on any kind of free speech, some things really shouldn’t be said. Though, if someone here can explain why it’s ok for him to make such inflammatory & blatantly false statements I’ll happily listen to that argument & judge it on it’s merits.

As I said I’ve signed because I find the man odious. He was repugnant prior to entering politics & he’s not endeared himself to me since..

edit: he’s sailing close to the wind & knows it I realise that but he’s still a gimp!

BigDummy
    Free Member

The British government is not going to ban Donald Trump from the UK, if for no other reason than that there is a very real possibility that he is going to be the next president of the United States of America.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Allow him in – then scrutinise his nonsense properly. At least then, we may be doing the US population a favour!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d vote for him, for the comedy value alone.

slowoldman

…I find the man odious. He was repugnant prior to entering politics…

Quite

The British government is not going to ban Donald Trump from the UK

No but I’d love to see them actually put in the embarrassing position of debating it.

nickc

there is a very real possibility that he is going to be the next president of the United States of America

Hardly, the poll numbers are often quoted, but really they’re just there at the minute to give the news something to talk about. Trump regularly gets 25-30% poll numbers, but that’s from registered, or people who identify as Republican voters, so about 25% of the population overall, so in total Trump has support from about about 8% of the voting public…

And most of the US isn’t paying attention, and won’t until after Iowa.

konabunny
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I’d vote for him, for the comedy value alone.
    POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that you’re not the kind of funny-looking person who’d have his windows (or face) put through by Trump’s less refined support base.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark

Missed.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Why do I think of this when I picture Trump as President of the US???

thegreatape
    Free Member

I wonder whether Trump actually wants to be president or just saw another opportunity to be in the limelight?

stewartc
    Free Member

This kind of reminds me of the New Statesman episode where the Tories put B’stard in charge of the election as the want to lose and avoid having to deal with the economy, of course he wins by offering 4 cans of beer for every vote (or something like that).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If you think Obama looks powerless in the face of intransigence from Senate and Congress, imagine what Chump would look like sitting in the White House like Hitler moving non-existent armies about on a map of Europe in 1945, with nobody taking the slightest bit of notice…

“…and tonight live on Fox! The President shouts at the wall!”

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not a week goes by without him spouting some other nonsense or other, even fellow Republican Dick Cheney has denounced him.

What really shocked me though was the fact that he’s the republican FRONT RUNNER! I thought he was some kind of circus show for the tea party types, and either Jeb Bush or Ben Carson would win it…

Jeeeeeus.

Northwind

shortcut – Member

All the people and press are publicly bullying these guys for expressing an opinion.

Yes poor Trump, all he’s ever done is innocently incited racial hatred and repeatedly attacked people for their faith, (and mexicans for being mexican, and women for being women, and Obama for being black, and facts for being true) and now nasty people are telling him off for it, I feel sorry for the poor defenceless waif.

Calling out a bully isn’t bullying.

fasthaggis

Allow him in – then scrutinise his nonsense properly

and also take every opportunity to do this..

nickc

what “is” actually going on with his hair? Is it just a comb over? Or is there something else? It seems to go both forwards and backwards at the same time!

Hasn’t anyone ever told him that he looks like a ****?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Would be a perfectly legitimate ban IMO. All for it.

binners

If theres one thing in this world that gets results, its petitions! Strikes fear into the heart of those in power, it does.

The best thing to do with idiots is laugh at them. Welcome him in, with open arms, to give us all the benefit of his ‘wisdom’. Give him enough rope…

Then just point at him and laugh at his ridiculous rug

The worst thing to do is to start all this nonsense and actually give them credibility.

bencooper
    Free Member

All the people and press are publicly bullying these guys for expressing an opinion.

Sorry, but bullying? Am I bullying you for disagreeing with you? there’s a lot of sensitive souls about, who scream “bullying” whenever anyone disagrees with them.

The idea that a billionaire presidential candidate – or a very rich person who gets paid to hit people – can be bullied by some people on the internet politely but forcefully disagreeing with them is ridiculous.

The best thing to do with idiots is laugh at them.

We do. We are. Doesn’t have much effect, does it? The Trump thing was a joke to start with, it’s not so funny any more, now that it looks like he has a serious chance of becoming president.

maccruiskeen

Never sure how much good these things actually manage to achieve…

I think they achieve the sense of doing something whilst actually doing nothing. Because you’re actually doing nothing but ‘I clicked a thing’ you can then get all indignant about politics because nobody listens to you when you shout your opinion into a paper bag and start a petition about that, to join all the petitions that people have already started about about pretty much the same thing and then you can all click and sign each others petitions without actually bothering anyone, it doesn’t even waste paper.

Its great, you don’t even have to get off the sofa. 🙂

binners

The best thing to do with idiots is laugh at them.

We do. We are. Doesn’t have much effect, does it? The Trump thing was a joke to start with, it’s not so funny any more, now that it looks like he has a serious chance of becoming president.

He hasn’t got the remotest chance of becoming president. And as pointed out above, even in the infintesimaly slim chance he did, he’d get none of this insane nonsense passed as legislation

I really wouldn’t worry about it, and just carry on laughing at him 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

see the SNP support that investment and don’t want to risk it.

As a;ways you nail the central part of this thread which is how can i use this topic to moan about the political parties i dislike

Lacked humour and hyperbole therefore 4/10

All the people and press are publicly bullying these guys for expressing an opinion. Yet those who are doing the bullying are preaching a message of tolerance whilst being intolerant of people expressing an opinion different to theirs.

Yes its just awful when folk who are racist and/or bigots get called racist bigots. Its deffo bullying when this happens

chris85
    Free Member

Yeah we should all keep letting all muslims in without being properly vetted, what’s the problem? What could possibly go wrong? One world peace..

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah we should all keep letting all muslims in without being properly vetted, what’s the problem? What could possibly go wrong?

Good straw man there, well done.

Northwind

Laughing at Trump was good for a while but it’s not so funny any more. How funny would you find it, as an american muslim or mexican (or better still immigrant)? Lots of people have isms but tend to keep them inside, until they feel they can get away with it and now you’ve got a presidential candidate bellowing intolerance from the rooftops, in the news, on the internet, and not everyone’s saying “lol, he’s nuts, look at his hair”. It’s bad juju.

And sure, this particular thing is about muslims. But look at how it’s fuelled general anti-immigration sentiment. And again the thing about isms is once you tell people it’s OK to be anti-islamic specifically, you’re also telling them that it’s OK to be intolerant generally.

Every time Trump’s come out with some “funny” comment about immigration or women or Barack Obama not being a proper american or whatever else, and we’ve lolled, it’s brought him closer to this. And ever time, some ****’s gone “You tell ’em Don!” then gone off and felt justified in being a **** to someone else.

mrsfry
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/xOzscfVpyy0[/video]

Americas love affair with him may be over

[video]https://youtu.be/VehGruMLle8[/video]

jekkyl

has anyone told him his name is the polite way of saying fart in the UK?
    Trump = smelly unwanted discharge. Seems about right.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘BAN TRUMP FROM THE UK PETITION’ is closed to new replies.