Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ballpark cost for fitting a combi boiler
  • surfdad
    Free Member

Been quoted £850 to fit a 28kw combi boiler. Easy access, no major pipework. He reassures me that it’s a flat cost whether it takes a day or longer. Am I being taken for a ride? What sort of number would be acceptable?

alexxx
    Free Member

No idea sorry but maybe he is charging you more because you didn’t buy it via him?

tjagain

Sounds a bit expensive to me. Isthat including materials? I would expect £500ish but every installation is different and often there are complications that we don’t see but the expert does.

always get 3 quotes and go with the middle one is my rule of thumb

joolsburger
    Free Member

Depends where you are I suppose. I paid that in Surrey for a combi fit a year ago. 2 guys here all day, full system power flush which took a few hours and then a straight swap with easy access no pipework. BG quoted 3k+ these guys did the same boiler and filter S&F for 1800.

carlos
    Free Member

Is that to fit only or is he also supplying the boiler??

Where are you based??

matt_outandabout

I just paid £650 labour and ‘standard’ parts, but including new 3m section of gas pipe and 3m of drain pipe above normal.
    Direct replacement in walk in cupboard, easy underfloor access, same flue exit etc

It was a long day for the two of them – they were there back of 8am, and just clearing off at 5:30. They did flush the system, but said it was clean enough anyway as I have been changing all the radiators bit by bit, and seem to have done a good neat job.

I bought all the parts myself, as I could get a better deal with some hunting, saving a further £200 and getting better timeclock – so Ideal Logic+ 30 with extended flue, weather compensation kit, magnetic filter thing and wireless stat/clock came to £1060 delivered.

This was last week by the way, central Scotland.

surfdad
    Free Member

Buying the boiler and all parts from him. No power flush of the system.

Sounds like I need another couple of quotes!

surfdad
    Free Member

Based in Devon.

johndoh
    Free Member

Buying the boiler and all parts from him

So is the £850 just for the fitting or the supply of the boiler and parts too? Still isn’t clear.

surfdad
    Free Member

Sorry. Plumber is supplying the boiler and all the required bits. £850 is labour for the job

johndoh
    Free Member

Well that sounds very expensive then. £850 is how many days worth of labour?????

surfdad
    Free Member

They stated it’s a flat fee regardless of the time to fit. Which works out well for them if it only takes a few hours!

joolsburger
    Free Member

They ought to do a powerflush and a proper one takes a good few hours, they should be all over the house draining rads etc etc. Also most people now go for a magnetic filter of some sort and Worcester Bosch give you a longer warranty if you have one. 850 isn’t silly if they are doing a proper job but I wouldn’t use a fitter who didn’t plan to flush the system as part of that cost.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ballpark cost for fitting a combi boiler’ is closed to new replies.