Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Baldy head shaving advice
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

The time finally came for me to stop desperately holding onto the thinning receding hair on the top of my head and shave it off completely. I’ve had a grade 1 cur for years but the crescent shape around my head was becoming more noticeable and making me look 15 years older than I actually am.

So, I took the plunge and took my Mach 3 to it. I shaved in the same direction of the hairs growth which has given a closeish shave but you can still see the faint stubbly grey colour where I still have some hair left. ideally I want a completely bald noggin but I am nervous of shaving against the growth of the hair or taking an electric shaver to it as I don’t want shaving rash or ingrowing hairs, irritation etc.

So, does anyone have any tips on getting a really close shave and minimising the risk of irritation on my scalp?

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

I use immac, works a treat

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its okay to be bald you know.

Not that I’m there yet

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Just get shaving in any direction. After a few days your scalp adapts to it and after that it’s plain sailing. Best done in the shower when stubble is nice and soft.

scunny
    Free Member

I do it in the shower with a cheap disposable razor, takes me 2 minute now. Against the grain is fine. You’ll cut yourself a few times to begin with but you’ll quickly get used to it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my baldy bro uses a headblade. designed for heads not faces.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

As above, you can get one specific to heads although blades are expensive

CheesybeanZ

Daily in the shower with a sensitive disposable razor , I go front to back up and shine like a freshly shaved shiny thing . Then a light fragrance free moisturiser .

skids
    Free Member

u need wax to make it shine man

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Turkish head shave once every two weeks here.
    Proper cut throat job, spotty dog IMHO.

rjc1980
    Free Member

I have been shaving my head from 20 years old – I’m now 35.

Always shaved the opposite way to what my hair grows. Had the odd, minor rash after the first few shaves. Started putting moisturizer on after shaving and never had an issue since.

BTW – I wouldn’t have my hair any other way now.

Moses

Have a look at this

But don’t buy just now, they can be got on sale at half the price.
    I like mine, Hora recommends them.
    Probably equivalent to a number 0, but easy to use and quick.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Given that mach 3 cartridges are the best part of 12 quid for 4, can anyone recommend some decent disposables that aren’t going to cost a fortune.

As i’m shaving my head pretty much every morning a mach 3 cartridge is only lasting a few days before it starts to lose its edge.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I use quality shaving foam and Gilette’s finest.

I shave from low to top to get that stubble smooth.

Then shower (avoid hot water as you’ll flake) and then use balm.

Let your face heal or head heal over the weekend and you’ll look younger too.

Wear sunblock in summer to avoid age spots when you’re 80.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The headblade is meant to be good. Also if you don’t want to do it that way the Wahl balding clippers are really good.

BillMC

I don’t know about heads but the Wilkinson Sword Quattro razor and blades have been the safest, most effective and durable shaving kit I have come across. I have tried many.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I use a deep-pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then a honey-almond bodyscrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply a herb mint facial masque, which l leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Three_Fish. Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity – something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze… and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours… and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

andygreener

3f – are you into mergers and acquisitions?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m lazy/don’t favour the shine, so never go full Brynner, just the unadulterated clippers for me.

DrJ

How do you make sure you didn’t miss anywhere (in the absence of a reliable family member).

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mirrors

CheesybeanZ

Rub your hand over your shiny dome .

scholarsgate
    Free Member

skull shaver

Bit pricey but does a good job.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Baldy head shaving advice’ is closed to new replies.