• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Baldy Hair Clipper Recommendations Please?
  • Bucko

I need a set of clippers for my head and face, i like it as short as possible without any comb attachments. For the last few years I’ve been using a pair of Philips clippers which cut down to 0.5mm but they’ve finally packed in. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001C9RY2K

The normal Wahl type mains powered clippers only cut to about 1mm. Before I buy another set of Philips clippers is there any other clippers that anyone can recommend? Cordless please.

Cheers

makkag
    Free Member

I have had sone ceramic nicky clarke ones i brought from TK Maxx 6 years back for pittance – i will cry when they die , much better than metal hardly ever nip my heed or face!

Ceramic much smoother and sharper – if you can find em well worth it

Baldy’s unite

Jamie
    Free Member

I have used the Philips QC5530, without guards, for years. Rotating head is suprisngly handy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeychild
    Free Member

I use wahl balding clippers. Best clippers I’ve ever owned.

wallop

Argh, read it as “ball hair clippers”.

Jamie
    Free Member

Argh, read it as “ball hair clippers”.

Go on then, what would have been your recommendations for those?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Wet shaving fellow slap heads. It lasts that bit longer.

Mugboo

As above, Wahl do a balding clipper. Get them for home use and they’ll last a lifetime.

qu1nt
    Free Member

Another vote for these & a good price on Amazon too

teasel
    Free Member

The normal Wahl type mains powered clippers only cut to about 1mm

My Wahl clippers are over twenty years old. If they still make them the same you can adjust the cutters so as to get a closer cut. Failing that, use them like a rake and the cut gets closer still.

Can’t say I’ve ever measured it but it looks easily as short as 0.5mm

🙂

Bucko

Cheers so far guys. I’m holding off wet shaving my head for as long as possible!

The Wahl Balding clippers are mains powered, I really need cordless.

I also really don’t like the gimmick of the 180 degree rotating head on the recommendations above, sorry.

Looks like it could just be another set of normal Philips ones similar to my old clippers.

petrieboy

Wahl balding are the business. Mine need sharpening after 5 years but even still they cut super close. You won’t get nearly as good a cut from a cordless.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

How is it a gimmick? It allows me to shave my own head relatively easily.

I got the above and they are brilliant.

Bucko

Maybe not a gimmick, it’s just that after 10 years I’ve never had a problem holding and using a normal pair of clippers.

It’s a real shame about the Wahl Balding clippers but I really do need cordless I normally cut my hair over the bath/shower and there’s no plug in the room.

teasel
    Free Member

I see an extension lead in your future…

monkeychild
    Free Member

I just cut my hair on the landing and vacum it up. I had cordless clippers and they are cack in comparison to corded ones.

wallop

I dunno Jamie, I haven’t got any balls.

Vern0n
    Free Member

I have some Wahl pro super taper, genuine salon standard for under £40. They are perfect, though again not cordless but i have never found cordless with enough power… I cut in front of mirror, put newspaper down no drama. And yep you can adjust the blade as per most decent Wahl right down to zero (it will cut u after that lolz) with the adjustment screws in the blade plates. As mentioned above, the Baldys are a real gem too.

sp
    Free Member

Yes have to agree Wahl Professional Balding Clippers THESE Do the job

Bucko

I’ve bought another pair of cordless Philips today, similar to my old ones. I really like to ease of cordless, I take them on holiday, weekends away, to work if I cycle in and need a shower, it’s just easier.

I really don’t have a lot of hair left, and I cut it every 2 days so the extra power of a Wahl plug in set isn’t required. I was just after advice on what cuts the shortest but I realise now that 0.5mm is about as short as I need.

I give it a couple years before I’m on here asking for wet shaving tips…

Cheers

SnS
    Free Member

Never had an issue with any make or model. Usually go for ones that are both recharggeable and mains operated.
    Typically get 5 years out of a set before I look to replace.
    I go for a no.2 on the head and no.1 on the beardy bit every couple of weeks.
    ( always keep it short enough so as not to need a comb or brush….kind of feels clean and tidy)
    Chris

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Baldy Hair Clipper Recommendations Please?’ is closed to new replies.