Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Balance transfer from Missus credit card?
  • smogmonster

The missus credit card 0% deal is finishing next month, whats the odds on me being able to transfer her balance onto my 0% card? Can this be done? She could easily get another 0% card but doesn’t trust herself with another credit card….shes a bit erm, crap when it comes to self restraint around expensive shoes and handbags…..

spooky_b329

I think you can transfer it, it just becomes your liability if you are the primary card holder. And the new card probably needs to be under a different bank to the old one (i.e. HSBC and First Direct are the same so you wouldn’t normally be allowed to transfer balances between them as part of a 0% deal).

jon1973
    Free Member

You’ll be able to transfer to another issuer but you’ll pay a balance transfer fee. Normally 2% or something.

breadcrumb

She could always get a new card but cut it up on arrival, removing any temptation.

dannybgoode

Yes you can. I transferred mine to Mrs Danny’s but as per above it becomes the liability of the cardholder so in the event of any marital messiness it could just add to arguments.

If that is not a concern go for it…

ads678

I’ve just done this, well my balance onto my wifes card ( 😀 ) you can get cards that have no transfer fee, like the santander 123 CC, or yorkshire bank gold. but some do have fees of up to 3%ish. also you can only transfers up to 95% of your CC limit i think.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Balance transfer from Missus credit card?’ is closed to new replies.