• This topic has 26 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Simon.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Baildon/Harden Moor/Bingley conditions?
  • botanybay
    Free Member

Has anyone been riding up there recently? Hoping to get up this weekend or next week when I’m off work.

Also, has any more progress been made on the new trails at St Ives?

Cheers!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Friends of st ives not happy at the moment apparently so nothing has happened. Did the bingley bash two weeks ago and as you would expect it was a mud fest in places. Still had fun and do’able of course.

Simon

Baildon Moor is muddy, Shipley Glen not too bad.
    Harden Moor muddy in places but holding up well.
    Cottingley is riding well (if you know where to look).

botanybay
    Free Member

Cheers folks, all good info! Baildon Moor is always muddy, even in Summer I suppose, should have expected it. Harden sounds good, especially if the heavy rain stays away for a few more days.

What happened up at St Ives to cheese people off? Thought it was coming along nicely?

Simon

Friends of St Ives aren’t being very friendly 😐

botanybay
    Free Member

Ah well, it still doesn’t stop us from riding what’s already there.

botanybay
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Ilkley Moor is unrideable at the moment either?

I tend to stay away if it’s bad, don’t want to cheese off those locals as well… 😐

Simon

Not ridden Ilkley Moor this year, I’ve been waiting for it to freeze 🙁

pennine
    Free Member

The wind has been drying up ‘Ilkley’ Moor but there are sections of very wet stuff. I saw a couple of riders on Sunday but they were sticking mainly to the slabs. Too many bikes at the moment will easily churn up the tracks and give the anti-brigade ammunition 🙁

Personally, I’d go with Simon’s idea and wait for a freeze or give it another week of dry weather to firm up

botanybay
    Free Member

Yeah, thats the plan I reckon. I always stay away from Baildon/Ilkley moor when it’s wet. Which seems like a year at the moment! Cheers people!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Bit of a tricky one up there, think most riders are responsable, although riding which churns up the trails like in this video doesn’t help the cause:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELUCRjstpQ[/video]

What the Bradford district needs is a good local dedicated trail center. Obviously Stainburn isn’t too far but something closer and bigger would be super. Chance of that is slim of course.

Entonox
    Free Member

@2:46 WTF?

botanybay
    Free Member

Skidmarks…

Simon

Trail conditions update:-
    Been out this morning and rode a Bingley, Harden Moor, Haworth, Cullingworth, Wilsden, Cottingley loop and it’s all dry and dusty 🙂

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

^^^ yep, rode there yesterday. Fantastic conditions and everywhere running really well. Dry, dusty and loamy throughout the route. What mud there was is now really sticky too instead of that slippery, slidey slop. Long may it continue.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

BTW, why has someone dumped a load of hardcore in front of that rock drop off at the top of the descent in St Ives that runs parallel with Keighley Road? Looks like a load of traffic and wet winter has affected the path from here up to the hole in the wall also. It’s about three times the size since I rode it in the summer.

Simon

That hardcore has been there since sometime last year, don’t think any of it has been used for anything.
    Kob, are you fully recovered now?

Simon

The trees either side of the bridleway have been cut back so it appears wider.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was up on Baildon Moor mid week, couldn’t believe how good conditions were, very little in the way of mud, but nice firm ground, slightly damp so mega grippy!

The wind this weekend is ridiculous though.

Simon

Aye, it was breezy up on the tops this morning!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Was on the top of Baildon moor yesterday. Couldn’t actually ride the wind was so strong. Nice and dry though, forgotten what riding on dusty trails was like almost.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

That hardcore has been there since sometime last year, don’t think any of it has been used for anything.
    Kob, are you fully recovered now?

Yep, fully recovered thanks simon. Started riding again after a 6 month absence (since the crash, house renovation, daughter arriving, etc, etc.) late Jan. Yesterday was 8th ride, 2nd time Bingley way in as many weeks and it was abso-f***in-lutely marvellous 🙂

The trees either side of the bridleway have been cut back so it appears wider.

Ahh I thought it looked different 🙂

tmb467
    Free Member

Shipley Glen and Calverley Woods are running really well

Tree down on Death By Holly as well

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Harden and Cottingley were spot on a fortnight ago. Not had much rain since so bet they’re running sweet now! Hebden was in good nic this morning too 🙂

botanybay
    Free Member

Anyone been up Harden Moor recently? Hoping to get out soon, all being well.

Also, what’s Baildon Moor like at the moment?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

get your mudguard on if you want keep that kisser pristine

Simon

Harden Moor not bad just a few muddy patches.
    Permissive BW in St Ives parallel to the road is still muddy at the top.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Baildon/Harden Moor/Bingley conditions?’ is closed to new replies.