Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bah..STINKY SHOES. How to make smell sweet!
  • CHB

OK, like many on here I am now the proud owner of a pair of hand made italian SIDI footware from the Chainreaction sale.
    Only problem is the faint (ok ok its not faint at all!) musty smell of Northern Irish sewage.
    Anyone got a tried and tested method for shifting this smell?
    Already tried washing them out and freezing them (got told off for that!).

Currently they are sat on the dashboard of my car in work carpark "drying out".

Help and suggestions for all the stinky bargain buyers?

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Fill them up with bicarbonate of soda and leave them for a few days, that used to work with my trainers.

terrahawk
    Free Member

wash them in soapy water, rinse them then stuff them with newspaper. Once that's saturated replace with more newspaper.
    Do not dry them on the radiator/on your dashboard. You'll wwreck them and make them stinkier.

Just trust the newspaper.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Although I missed out on the bargain shoes, so deep down I hope they continue to stink and give your feet a fungal infection with an unpronouncable name.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Mine arrived with the musty aroma of thrice passed Guiness. I gave them a wipe out and left them to dry out naturally. The smell is going gradually. It'll come back when I put my stinky planks in them though

Junkyard
    Free Member

wee in them it neutralises odours if that does not work try someone elses
    EDIT:Wee that is not their shoes that would just be stupid.

CHB

Stuffed em with newpaper.
    Used the Telegraph, figured it pulled enough stench out of the House of Commons so it should work on SIDI Gortex road boots.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

wee in them it neutralises odours if that does not work try someone elses
    EDIT:Wee that is not their shoes that would just be stupid.

Whereas asking someone to wee in your shoes sounds entirely normal 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bah..STINKY SHOES. How to make smell sweet!’ is closed to new replies.