Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Baguette and/or sandwich aesthetics over functionality rant
  • Drac

Salad **** cream with cheese?

binners

Panini is a plural

Is that pronounced like Lexi?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A Greggs steak bake is the most promising, yet disappointing of foods in it’s complete failure to deliver any ‘steak’.

Like pulling Holly Willoughby and waking up and finding subo lying next to you…

timidwheeler
    Free Member

I’ve just made myself a posh wrap. Bockwurst, fried egg, melted cheese, fried mushrooms and chimichurri sauce.
    *burns mouth*

wombat

paninis

Panini is a plural

Singular is Paninus

HTH

EDIT

In fact it is Panino but that doesn’t sound as funny…

Solo
    Free Member

Just pop out the office, round the corner to the roach-coach and order a full Englardish, served ready for transport, in a polystyrene tray?

rkk01
    Free Member

Sorry, what is this “baguette sandwich”???

Baguette + Camembert (or similar) + small knife + torn chunks of bread

wombat

Sorry, what is this “baguette sandwich”???

From the description I assume it is a baguette served between two slices for buttered bread.

Carbtastic

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Exit waitress, nonplussed.

Not read Trainspotting then?

mattsccm
    Free Member

“baguettes also tear the roof of your mouth to shreds.”
    The risk is somewhat reduced if you turn it up side down before shoving it in. The belly of such a bread like object tends to be smooth and less damaging.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Blast beaten to it.
    Must read all of thread first.

batfink
    Free Member

don’t get me started on panini’s

egh?

DrJ

Singular is Paninus

The singular is penis. Allegedly.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

That looks like Clive Allen up there

49 goals in all competitions in 1986-87.

One day in sunny Brentwood I saw him walking his dog in my local park …. ran back shock his hand, just said “Legend” to him and carried on my run… while shouting C’MON YOU SPURS over my shoulder.

senorj

It is a well known fact that sandwiches which are sliced @45 degrees taste better than those sliced @90 degrees.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Just back from the morning meeting and Greggs have their 1h figs out this morn.

Sales 400m up 6.4% …. growth in Breakfast and “balanced choice” range
    Pre tax profit £25.6m (£16.9 2014)
    interim div of 7.4p and a special div of 20p … sweat

Looks like Binners has been hungry this year.

We reckons they’ll be up about 3% this morn.

theotherjonv

Is this a thinly veiled metaphor for the French vs English way to approach winning the TdF?

The baguette is all style and promise. It’s golden crust, it’s fancy frilly lettuce spilling out of the jauntily sliced side. It’s all about the fancy mayonnaise and the aesthetically curled slices of jambon or salami. It’s a breakaway attack, a sudden whirl of the pedals, a flash of FDJ white or Europcar green. And it’s just as likely to end up clipping a pedal on the descent and ending up in a soggy mess in your lap.

The sandwich – is two slices of bread, enclosing a slice of cheese or a square piece of ham. There might be a scrape of pickle, to add panache, but no more than is necessary. The bread is solid, square, dependable – it’s Geraint Thomas in baked form. The cheese is Froome; matured, a hint of spiciness, maybe a nod towards foreign ways but solidly traditional. And just enough pickle to add a bit of bite. It’s not a breakaway type of condiment; it’s more like a kick for the line with 50 yards to go just to remind you that it’s there. The bread is only there to deliver the yellow filling right to the point it’s needed, and you know it’s going to do that job and not crumble under pressure. Stand proud you cheese and pickle winners!!

bigblackshed

^^^^^^^^^ It’s only a bread roll. 🙄

Ro5ey
    Free Member

^^^^^^^ it’s only a bit of fun 🙄

and I enjoyed it theother …. ty

mogrim

It’s only a bread roll.

Are you sure? It could be a teacake. Or a barm, or god knows what other word those weirdos up north use to describe it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

For filling properly – the inside of a baguette is a poor choice. Wraps are the way to go.

I like baguettes but prefer to enjoy them at leisure rather than try and fill them, tearing bits off, butter said bit, grab a piece of cheese, cooked meat, tomato, eat together, repeat.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Either make your own or frequent far better sandwich bars. Anyone who edge loads a sandwich rather than fill it where its counts (between the bread) is a stingy misleading scumbag of the highest order.

techsmechs
    Free Member

When I was a carefree and young i imagined a sandwich filling of such greatness that it actually made ‘the menu’ and remains to this day.

All this talk of Brie and cranberry or bacon and brie is only half a filling…

I present

Brie, bacon, chicken, cranberry and mayo.

schmiken

Simple and effective – prawn cocktail and bacon. Godly.

CountZero

That’s just not evil enough, how can we scald everybody on the highstreet”

Napalm?
    Worse than that, microwaved jam donuts… 😯

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Baguette and/or sandwich aesthetics over functionality rant’ is closed to new replies.