Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bags packed, roof rack on…
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bags packed, roof rack on, all ready for another wet biking trip to Wales! Is it me or have everyone else's UK holidays been a washout? Kinda wishing I'd gone to the sunny Southern Alps for a fortnight instead of these bitty UK trips.

[if you say "it's you", I might throw something]

pcb
    Free Member

There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Have fun!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

only bad clothing

Yeah I know, and am happy enough doing the forest, sheltered from the storm. But I crave the big hills. I fancy a crack at Snowdon and Cadair Idris. I'm half believing in the reasonable MWIS forecast for tomorrow afternoon/evening to get up Snowdon, albeit with a quite a lot of pushing due to the ban. But windspeeds are predicted to be 20mph+ over the next few days which is useless/dangerous for biking over storm-bound summits 🙁

Ho hum.

TN
    Free Member

No, it's not just you. We spent our honeymoon in the lake district and it rained the whole time we were there. So we're off to the Southern-ish Alps on Thursday for honeymoon re-run. 🙂

Lummox

was in afan last wednesday, met the tail end of hurricane Bill. Thing is despite getting soaked and battered (minor rock, leg interface) it was still an absolute blast, as my mate said skin is waterproof! I found it was still warm enough to be wet and comfortable.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have a week of very wet 7 Stanes riding if it makes you feel better? Have a great time!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Have fun on your trips everyone **** the weather (it's the drink talking)

Ambrose

I'm here in S Wales at the moment. It is hammering down. At this rate All the hills will be eroded away PDQ by the rain. 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bags packed, roof rack on…’ is closed to new replies.