Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Baggy shorts for lanky gits
  • davosaurusrex

I have a few pairs of Scott Mind shorts which are pretty much perfect except they are a bit short in the leg for me, inseam is 14″. What else is out there with 15″ or even 16″ inseam? Ideally would like something with the same sort of lightweight stretchiness and a more tailored fit. Liner not required as I wear bibs like all sensible people. Ta!

davosaurusrex

Anyone?

awh
    Free Member

Bookmark this for the follow up winter short question Waterproof MTB shorts group test All the shorts have the inseam listed. It might give you some hints where to look for what you’re actually after 🙂

longmover
    Free Member

Royal Racing shorts generally come up quite long

mudfish

Fox Racing Demo FR Shorts are good for me but in 32 are only 14″ inseam,
    the old Raceface DH 3/4 were great for us lankies

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Have a look at ground effect dot co dot nz. Them Kiwis tend to be big blokes.

paul123
    Free Member

Demo FR’s are good for me too. Not sure on length but I’m a 34/ 35″ inside leg

mudfish

Sombrio REV SHORTS / Gravity range
    Another all-new design from Sombrio, the midweight Rev has a gravity/DH bias but weighs in at little more than many brands’ trail shorts. Using Sombrio’s standard (SND) fit with a 15 inch inseam length means a short that sits well with lightweight or DH kneepads yet is not overly bulky or heavy, especially when wet. The fabric is robust, comfortable and uses panels of four-way stretch fabric on the lumbar and inside leg panels to give more freedom of movement. No pockets around the waist area also assists with this and gives a cleaner fit.

Read more at https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/shoes-helmets-etc/rebirth-sombrio-clothing.html#ACm5X5tmlD6Q5Vd9.99

richardkennerley

I’m 6’2 with stupid long thighs. Endura Humvees and race face ambush have been good shorts for me, although i always wear them with knee pads and have them sat a little lower on my hips than probably intended. I prefer the race face ones overall, they are a good fit, but are on the heavy duty side

davosaurusrex

Cheers all, will check those out. Dakine also seem to have a few models with 15″ inseams

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Dakine 8 track have a 16 inseem

davosaurusrex

Yeah, there’s a few pairs on sport pursuit at the moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Baggy shorts for lanky gits’ is closed to new replies.