Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Baggy shorts – less than £50?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ideally with liner – asking too much?

Had Endura in the past but has the quality gone off?

Mackem

Decathlon? Havent tried their baggies but their other cycling clothes have been good.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-mountain-bike-cycling-shorts-black-id_8354172.html

jambalaya
    Free Member

My 2 pairs of Endura are going strong but they are 5 years old so can’t comment on quality of recent vintage

matt_outandabout

I picked up two pairs of Altura Apex baggies this morning from here – for £8 each… 8)

https://www.milletsports.co.uk/search/altura/

jamesg55
    Free Member

Decathlon ones are too short in the leg, terrible if wearing knee pads

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member
    jekkyl

try trespass

superstu
    Free Member

I bought some aldi ones in the last cycle sale and can honestly say they’re great. Obviously time will tell if they’ll last but great for the first few months.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Endura mt 500 are great. I also have 3 humvees which last forever. Not sure where the idea of poor recent quality comes from?

sparksmcguff

Endura humvee (perhaps not under 50 but around 50) – dont think theres been any drop in quality. The duracell bunny of shorts, go on and on

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am with @steve and @sparks – this quality rumour would seem to be bollix – I am very happy with my Endura kit and would buy again and have been looking at their bib shorts recently. Also it’s a Scottish company and thus one which I am happy to support. Buy British

kayak23

Endura Singletrack new ones here. Really nice shorts, no liner however.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

these and with an extra 10% off for the next few days…

linky

hammerite
    Free Member

Fox Ranger. Tried some on in Cycle Surgery for £60 but seen they can be had for £47.99 from Evans. Seems they come up a little big, usually a 34 but they were big.

honourablegeorge

I’d be on a clearance set of Try Lee Skylines for that budget. No liner, but better and more confy shorts than Endura.

Failign that, Madison stuff si ace lately

z1ppy

I bought some Dakine 8 tracks to replace my Endura Singletracks, from a recommendation on here. Solid shorts (& splash proof) though no liner, which I prefer as their invariably a very cheap set. Only slight complaint is that their a little baggy round the leg, and can occasionally get caught on my seat clamp (no adjuster to pull them tighter), but it’s hardly a huge issue. Jut dragged out my old thread, my shorts are 10 months old and still looking in great condition

tony07
    Free Member

Skylines aren’t long enough I find. Leave a gap between your shorts and pads. Also the seam in the seat runs right down the middle, mine has started to come apart after not much use.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

+1 for Dakine 8 tracks!

Well made, comfy & long/baggy enough to work well with knee pads without snagging.

Only minor gripe is they’re a wee bit thick for hot weather but being the UK they’re fine for 99.999% of the time…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I prefer as their invariably a very cheap set

I would agree with this. I don’t use the liner that came with my North Face shorts and my 2 pairs of Endura where bought without a liner. I’ve been reading @ianc’s thread aboit bib shorts as I’m in the market for a pair which will go under the baggies

mattyfez

My humvees are about a year old now, show little to no wear and they are the only bottoms I wear on the bike.

rOcKeTdOg

Dare2b shorts on SP atm 15 reduced from £50

craig24
    Free Member

Got a link rOcKeTdOg?

pdV6
    Free Member

I’ve had several Humvees over the years; they usually only give up when abused horribly in a crash.

Just picked up a new pair a few weeks ago & they seem, if anything, better than ever. Main change that I’ve noticed is finally having a button rather than a popper above the fly. Which is A Good Thing for us fat lads…

stewartc
    Free Member

Mainly just wear Madison Trail shorts now, under 50GBP, hard wearing, lots of pockets and comes with an OK liner.
    For Madison, the sizes seem spot on as well.

rOcKeTdOg

Got a link rOcKeTdOg?

Can’t, not sure it’s allowed on this forum to link to SP

keefmac

Sugoi rpm-x from amazon, think they are about £30 at the moment, got some a few years back for £25. detachable liner and really comfy. i have found Tenn sizing to be a bit on the thin side.

emac65
    Free Member

I agree with Endura shorts comment,about them not lasting anything like they used to. I ride around the same amount as I’ve always done.I used to get years out of them, now I get months…Which is a shame as they really are the best shorts for fit & pockets etc..

craig24
    Free Member
    edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

+1 for Endura Humvee shorts. Hard wearing and pockets in all the right places. Endura has good customer service too, so if for any reason your shorts fail ‘early’ I’m sure they’d listen to you.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Look up moto shorts on ebay, they look a lot like Troy Lee’s but cost a 1/4 of the price.

They do take 2-3 weeks to arrive though.

Saccades
    Free Member

I like madison zenith – no liner but I prefer to use bibtights to liners.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Baggy shorts – less than £50?’ is closed to new replies.