Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Baggies with braces
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Do such things exist? I much prefer biblongs to shorts and I wondered if you can get winter baggies with a simliar approach.

Obviously I have no regard for looks here just practicality.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

These are what you need…

wwaswas

clip on braces and your normal baggies would seem to be the obvious solution?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Lederhosen are just for parties at my house.

stevede
    Free Member

The waterproof altura attack shorts come with a braces option iirc.

joolsburger
    Free Member

They do indeed that’s a good start now to find some non waterproof ones too.

nbt

buy baggies that don’t have a built-in liner and use them over your bib longs? THat’s what I do year round – lycra shorts / 3/4s / bibs and a separate overshort (Roach, Endura MT500 or Endura waterproof)

messiah
    Free Member

I need braces for my “supposedly” waterproof Endura Event trousers. They have so much crotch I feel like MC Hammer.

joolsburger
    Free Member

That is what I do but I reckon that braces would be better that a belt on baggies, seems however that I am pretty much on my own, I get pissed off pulling the sodding things up, and dont get me started on how many times I have caught them on my saddle when getting over the back. I’m going to get some chainsaw braces and try it out with my usual shorts as per wwwas suggestion.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely some thing like this would be better for winter riding ?

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve got some old bib shorts and tights which are wrecked – I might try some butchery on them before I buy cheap braces – I don’t want narrow straps digging into my shoulders or a lumpy thing in the middle of my back under my camelback.

Stuey01
    Free Member

or this:

clip on braces and your normal baggies would seem to be the obvious solution?

z1ppy

I bought clip on braces last winter after struggling to keep my baggies up on every fricken ride.
    Yes they look crap (though are hidden up my t-shirt & don’t advertise em) but I no longer spend ride tugging at the back of my short to keep em up!

I use em with Altura/Endura & Royal shorts, cause they all fall down!
    (due to crap belts and I believe I may have lost some weight)

zilog6128

I get pissed off pulling the sodding things up

I bought clip on braces last winter after struggling to keep my baggies up on every fricken ride.

get some baggies that fit properly?

BlobOnAStick

Braces are definitely the way forward.

I bought clip-on Stihl chainsaw trouser braces last year for extra roughty toughy-ness.

Soo comfy and no snagging your crotch-sag on the nose of the saddle.

£13.99 IIRC.

z1ppy

zilog6128
    get some baggies that fit properly?

z1ppy
    …due to crap belts and I believe I may have lost some weight

Am I supposed to throw perfectly good kit away cause I’ve managed to loose weight? Sorry I don’t live in your perfect world

Edit: Braces from the Army navy were £6

zilog6128

Am I supposed to throw perfectly good kit away cause I’ve managed to loose weight?

Of course not – give them to your fat mates!! When you’ve lost weight you’re allowed to treat yourself to a new wardrobe, didn’t you know that?

z1ppy

redted
    Free Member

This seems such an obvious thing I can’t think why companies aren’t doing it.(granted some of the waterproof shorts come with them as folk have mentioned). I wear baggies over bib shorts because the liners are normally rubbish, but they slide down because the bib short material is slippery.
    I have bought 2 x plastic clips like you find on rucksacks and the like and some wide elastic and I’m about to get my mum to stitch them to an old pair of baggies to see if it improves things, (coz that’s what Mum’s are for!)if all goes well I shall roll it out across my other pairs but it’d be nice to be able to buy them ready done.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Pragmatism seems seriously lacking in MTB. I’m all for comfort and function looks come a fair way down the list. Braces make sense on baggies AFAIC.

speaker2animals

I asked this question years ago and got flamed. Some folk don’t understand that baggies on bibshorts don’t answer the problem of the baggy sliding on the lycra. Maybe they could add tabs of none slip like you get on the legs on lycra shorts would help?

I personally just went to a motor cycle store and bought some clip on braces, job done.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Been riding that way for years. As others have pointed out, lycra is so slippery that a belt won’t hold shorts up, so I wear cargo shorts with braces over the lycra. Keeps the crotch from interfering with the nose of the saddle. Gives me plenty of pockets.

My MTB dues are paid for several lifetimes, and I’m not a dedicated follower of fashion. I wear what works.

Trekster

Nice site there Charlie, will spend some time over the weekend having a browse. Bontrager owner btw 😀

rootes1

Do such things exist? I much prefer biblongs to shorts and I wondered if you can get winter baggies with a simliar approach

I was just the other day thinking a baggy with built in bibs and a pad would be a good idea.

joolsburger
    Free Member
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Baggies with braces’ is closed to new replies.