Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Baggies in XC racing! My flabber is well and truly gasted
  • Northwind

The STW diagnosis was that I frostnipped my hand riding in the snow at kinlochleven last year 😉 Nearly recovered now. But my legs do just fine. (went for an ice-ride at glentress earlier in the year, got a pedal in the back of the calf, and it hurt like hell so no loss of sensation even in the cold. Sadly.)

(Only time i’ve ever regretted riding in baggies was when fort william mud sanded all the skin off the bottom of my thighs. DH pyjamas for me next time!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I mean, I totally agree that Baggies over long tights is a major fashion disaster but to some extent I hope the rest of the world can cope. I can.

Bike clothing is a fashion disaster full stop 🙂

hock

it hurt like hell so no loss of sensation even in the cold

oh, good for you!
    that it hurt… I mean… it’s good that you could feel the pain…
    …sounds all wrong, but you know what I mean! ;-))

hock

Bike clothing is a fashion disaster full stop

yes, and it get’s even worth when it tries to be fashionable :-))

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Sometimes I wear baggies over my shaved legs, just to confuse people

svalgis
    Free Member

Sometimes I wear baggies over my shaved legs, just to confuse people

How dare you!?

rOcKeTdOg

By the way: nice shorts Rocketdog! What are they

http://www.intrepidapparel.co.uk/mission-shorts-green

orangeboy
    Free Member

For me its baggies all the time over what ever else I’m wearing from winter bibs tights to summer road bike rides
    But hardly news worthy.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve always worn baggies and having just come from skateboarding into mountain biking I’m not sure the whole lycra thing will ever feel natural.

At Uni in the Cannock Chase Christmas Cracker circa 1994 me and a couple of mates got an (dis)honourable mention in MBUK for the wearing of inappropriate clothing :mrgreen: Our inappropriate clothing for riding at a snowy Cannock Chase was cut down combats trousers and Converse/Vans, although it may have been Ben’s sleeveless Nine Inch Nails t-shirt.

ononeorange

Same as orangeboy. Quite happy doing the odd xc race in baggies, never actually given it the slightest thought. Who cares (apart from the roadie rigid-rules mindset)?

alex222
    Free Member

They help stop the rest of society from laughing at us though.

Love this. The rest of the UK pretty much loath cycling wholesale. Wearing some baggies instead of lycra adds nothing to our cause here in the UK.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Baggies in XC racing! My flabber is well and truly gasted’ is closed to new replies.