• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bag for riding to work reccomendations
  • Divid
    Free Member

Hi
    Any suggestions for a small to medium bag to use when cycyling to work.
    Had a look at some Reuters and good reviews of the 30 litre one but a bit big for me.
    Looking for something practical for all year round that doesn’t get you a soaking back and poss bladder compatable.
    Not much to ask!!
    Thanks
    Dave

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Deuter Bike 1 – had the older model for about 8 years and replaced it with the newer one recently (zips started to fail). Newer one is a bit bigger (which I wasn’t keen on), but it’s better detailed with all the features I need, and the slightly bigger capacity has turned out to be a boon, esp as there are compression straps to keep it slimline when not full.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve got the Carradice SQR Slim seatpost bag.

http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP4955.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=FGL

It is 16 litres, which is enough for change of clothes / lunch / tools.

No sweaty back at all. Not bladder compatible though.

It would probably not be good for a technical offroad commute, but is a zillion times better for road riding than a backpack. It comes off the bike quickly too, which is handy.

Joe

ebygomm
    Free Member

In the summer i use my camelbak octane 8. Really lightweight so not sweat inducing, hydration pocket (although i use this for my bike lock cable), big enough for a change of clothes plus bike tool, spare tube, pump. Edit:just read you need it for all year use, prob a bit on the small side for that. I think they do bigger versions though

miketually
    Free Member

Commuting is a million times better without a backpack.

I’m bungeeing a courier bag to my rack at the moment, but a front rack should arrive on Monday, onto which I’m going to stick a wire basket, so I can just chuck any old bag into that without worrying about trailing straps of filling it enough to bungee properly.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Miketually – yep – im using a rack/pannier set up and its brilliant, a lot better than a backpack.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Second for the Deuter Bike 1 – 3 years and still going well + you can put a reservoir in it for xc etc if you want!

abductee
    Free Member

Rack / pannier +1
    Only reason not to is if you don’t have rack lugs or have FS

claudie

I’ve got a vaude rucksac with a frame that keeps the actual rucksac off your back and allows air to circulate. It’s suppposed to be designed for bikes and comes in 25L and 30l. It’s got compression straps to keep it all tight, a waterproof cover and a hydration pocket. Good kit

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve just bought my second Berghaus Freeflow 20 (the old one wore out)
    I use it everyday for commuting, doing the shopping and take it on rides too
    freeflow system works well
    cheaper than others (especially bike-specific ones) at £40

[img]http://www.blacks.co.uk/mantiki/images/product/large/100309-43-1233488988748.jpg[/img]

aP
    Free Member

OMM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bag for riding to work reccomendations’ is closed to new replies.