Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • baffled by Revelations 2012 line up
  • simonm
    Free Member

So… Can I buy a Revelation, with duel position, and Tapered steerer.. .but with BLACKBOX damping and not XX ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes the RCT3 Dual air only listed with 15mm Maxlelite this year on Fishers site if that’s an issue.
    feel free to mail me if you’d like a quote

continuity
    Free Member

No. “Blackbox” damping no longer exists. Their trail forks now have a new damping system, Motion Control DNA (http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/06/01/2012-rockshox-techonologies-sneak-peak-forks-lighter-more-adjustable-more-29er), which sounds awfully like Fox’s terralogic. I.e. “trail sensitive” firming and releasing.

Different models get different adjustments, spring qualities, weights, e.t.c e.t.c.

No word yet on what it rides like, though. If you want BB Damping just get a Rev RLT Ti 2011.

I bow to loco, but it does sound like an entirely new damping system in there from that link.

qwerty
    Free Member

yes

no

Sorted then.

simonm
    Free Member

so blackbox has gone…. thats a shame…

LoCo
    Free Member

I think it’s best to view the RCT3 system as the replacement for Blacbox effectivly and reckon the damping will better than on the old and new XX systems, which are pretty race orientated

simonm
    Free Member

ahh, OK thats why its Called DNA something… mmm will wait and see what the reviews come out like.. I have 2011 RLT Ti 150’s. there fantastic, and I have no reason to get rid of them except that I’m perhaps wanting a dual position setting…
    was there a 2011, Duel postion, Tapered Revelation ?

(BTW, THanks for help !)

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes probably, don’t think they were brought in OE to this country, as you could get standard 1.1/8″ steerer RLT TI Dual pos. models.

snaps
    Free Member

Has the dual posiition Rev been reliable?
    And is it easy to swap a Dual position assy for a U turn one?

simonm
    Free Member

final question, I promise 😉

If I got a RockShox Revelation RLT Ti Suspension Fork Dual Position Air 150mm White 15mm Tapered…(Phew) !

Can you still shim the max travel down to 130 or 140 without that changing the lower travel ?

z1ppy

Simon my understand is no, if you reduce the upper travel, the lower travel will be reduced too and vice versa, as I’m looking at taking some (2010) 140 Rev’s to 150, which will increase the lower travel…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Simon, if you get rid of the 150mm 2011’s, give me a shout. Are they 20mm axle? If I am not interested, I know a couple of people who might be.

The RS site seems to list options that Fishers are not brining in – I really want a 150mm / tapered / 20mm combo but looks like I can only get 150/tapered in 15mm axle. Just trying to work out if tapered will give me more benefit over 20mm, but I have got several 20mm wheels already.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘baffled by Revelations 2012 line up’ is closed to new replies.